1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Playable Cats Version 4.0

Don't just have a pet cat--BE one!

1. Mech Update Fix

BlueLeafeon
    An update to fix what was broke when the mech update released. You should now be able to deploy without throwing an error.
  2. Ship Pet Fix for Starbound vers 1.2

BlueLeafeon
    Just booted up the game to check to see what broke, and it was only the ship pet. (Thank goodness.) It is now fixed.
  3. Female ouch sound change

BlueLeafeon
    Not much of an update. I was just getting tired of my female cat sounding male, so I changed the ouch sound. Still doesn't particularly sound female, but it's better than it was.

Also, this mod reduces fall damage to about .75. Because cats know how to land properly. lol

I also want to let people know that if they're willing to make custom clothing and furniture for cats, to please feel free to do so. I'll even add them to the mod if you want. I want to add custom clothing and furniture...
    DarknessLilly likes this.
  4. Finale Animation Fix

BlueLeafeon
    Finally tested the finale animation in-game, and discovered that somehow, someway, the background got turned to opaque. It's now fixed.

I've also removed the sail fix mod, as it didn't work. I don't really know what to do to make this mod compatible with AVIAN. I guess I'll just have to hope that the creator of that mod adds cats soon. :/
    DarknessLilly and DrPvtSkittles like this.
  5. Added a temporary SAIL mod fix.

BlueLeafeon
    Because everyone has been complaining about being unable to play the game with cats and a SAIL mod, I made an extra mod that changes the cattechstation to hylotl.

This unfortunately causes the ship pet to change, but there's nothing I can do about that.

This is not something I fully endorse--I honestly believe it's the responsibility of the SAIL modders to make sure their mods don't cause crashes. I still fully recommend you going to the SAIL-changers and asking them to add...
    DrPvtSkittles likes this.
  6. Hitbox and sktest fix

BlueLeafeon
    I discovered that debug mode can show collision boxes, and finally fixed the cat's collision to be more cat-like. (This came after someone on steam said that the game was acting as if my cat was in the ground. I'm hoping this fixed matters.)

Skittles discovered that there's still an instance of sktest left in this mod (it was actually a dummy item that isn't in use) and I've fixed that to prevent the game from crashing to desktop.

BUGS:
    The cat NPCs now act a little strange and I cannot...
  7. Volume Fix

BlueLeafeon
    I got hit by a monster and startled. I think that's a good indication that I need to reduce the volume on the voices...
  8. More stuff! And sounds!

BlueLeafeon
    [​IMG]

NEW IN THIS UPDATE:
    • New cat sounds, both for getting hurt and for chatting with other cats.
    • New furniture! Okay, so it's only two pieces thus far, but it's a start.
    • A new, craftable, throwable item called glassball. It makes a very nice shattering sound. ;)
    • The catcrewmembermedic NPC was fixed. It doesn't use custom weapons, but eh.
    • More inspection quotes. I eventually plan on making all the major clues have custom descriptions...
    DrPvtSkittles likes this.
  9. Crew Fixes and Some Inspection Quotes

BlueLeafeon
    I figured out the issue with the crew wearing protectorate clothes. It was stupidly simple. Cat crewmembers will now wear hider clothing even when the rest of your ship is wearing something else.

I'm also in the process of slowly but surely adding custom inspection quotes. Thus far, I have only really made a few Floran items (mostly fur displays) and the Outpost Quest items have custom quotes.

The feline medic is still glitchy, and I cannot fathom why.
  10. Minor fixes and NPCs!

BlueLeafeon
    Fixes in this version:
    • Your starbound log should no longer be throwing nothingheadicon errors.
    • The purchasable pets add-on now has a rock-house icon instead of a normal pet house.
    • There was a rolliepollie color that was showing up invisible due to naming errors. This is now fixed.
    • Renamed the Tier6 armors so that they show up by the other Cat Collars instead of further down the list.

Additions in this version:
    • Tech Console now has appropriate...