1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Pipes flow 2016-08-16

Pipes don't stop liquid from flowing

1. bk3k
    As the title suggests, I noticed it would be easy to make heavy and sewer pipes not block liquids. Thus the liquid could flow through what actually LOOKS like a pipe.

If you prefer to use Steam's workshop

The obvious limitation is that it will look funny where liquid can flow through the side of a pipe. Put blocks on the side of your pipes, and you won't have this issue.

Yes people have done similar things with LUA by detecting liquids/destroying them/finding an distant object/communicating with it/having that object spawn the liquid again in a new place etc. This avoids the need for such. You can just use the regular liquid mechanic and save the CPU cycles. Pressurization would cause it to move upward if needed.

I'm patching the vanilla files so this should be compatible with everything out there. Mod added pipes would simply need to just do the same thing I did - which is easy.

pipes flow.png

Since this doesn't add new blocks, you'll stay very multiplayer friendly and won't have issue uninstalling/reinstalling as needed. To actually function though I'd think the server would need the mod.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    AmazonValkyrie likes this.

Recent Reviews

1. DrKrip
    DrKrip
    5/5,
    Version: 2016-08-16
    I like good physic in games. This mod helped me!
  2. artguk
    artguk
    5/5,
    Этот мод всегда со мной =)
  3. HappySchizo
    HappySchizo
    5/5,
    Unprecedented, groundbreaking innovation!
  4. dwarfskull
    dwarfskull
    5/5,
    This is awesome, i can't believe something so simple would change everything, thanks bro, this mod Rocks