1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Phoenix Armory 1.6.2 (Glad Giraffe)

Gettin' down for some serious Lua!

1. Pixelguru26
    My favorite weapon in Terraria was always the phoenix blaster. It looked awesome, it felt awesome, and it always had my back. Since playing Starbound, I've always wished there was something that cool. Well, here's my attempt:

Introducing the
    g3659.png
    now in shiny gold!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(The weaponry list was really dominating the page, so I hid it in a spoiler tag.)

First off, because I wanted some sort of prerequisite,
    the Ash Blast:
    phoenixbase.png
    A very heavy handgun for its tier. Crafted at the iron anvil, ash can be found on barren planets.

With the Ash Blast in hand and a few quests under your belt, you'll be able to put together the
    Phoenix Bolt itself!
    phoenixbolt.png
    With at least twice as much power as the Ash Blast and incendiary rounds to boot, the Phoenix Bolt is a very reliable weapon even a few tiers up.

The Phoenix Bolt isn't all you'll find here, though! for those who are more explosively inclined, we have the *awesome*
    Phoenix Boom!
    phoenixboom.png
    A slightly heavier gun; does less damage but every shot explodes on impact. Hopefully the titanium requirement offsets the power tier and makes it a little less overpowered...
    Anyway...

Hey you! yeah, the floran over there in the corner; I see you're not satisfied? well, perhaps this will suit your tastes a little better...
    the Phoenix Toxin (hiss)
    gun.png
    It's faster and heavier than the Phoenix Bolt and with the obvious bonus of a toxic injection for every round, the Phoenix Toxin is perfect for any floran hunter wanting a leg (or thorn) up on the competition.

What if the Phoenix Toxin isn't quite powerful enough for you? Well, my friend... meet the
    Phoenix Venom:
    gun.png
    Thorns? check.
    Fully automatic firing? check.
    Awesome? check.
    Venomous? you bet.
    Pick one up right now and crush your enemies with an unending hail of utter devastation.

Now, these handguns are all fine and dandy, but say you want something a little faster? Stronger? Never fear, we have something for you, too!
    the Phoenix Assault Rifle:
    gun.png
    With a firing rate of almost 4 times that of the original bolt, the Phoenix Assault Rifle will surely fit that perfect hardcore niche.

Don't walk away just yet! I see that fire does not appeal to everyone... For others, perhaps this will suite you a little better?
    the Articuno:
    gun.png
    An icy gale with every shot. The Articuno will freeze your enemies in place and decimate them with frigid flames.

Now, of COURSE this isn't all! For the more... *ahem* monetarily privileged among you, I present the
    Articuno Blizzard:
    gun.png
    glitchglitchglitchglitch

Now, for the earthen kindred, a tribute to your lord!
    the Anzu:
    gun.png
    Every shot is a blistering hail of pocketsand whirling pain inflicted upon your pathetic foes.

Now, it might just be me, but doesn't that seem a little... small, for such an illustrious name? Well then, how about this?
    the Anzu Sandstorm:
    gun.png
    A full-on sandstorm in every shot! Happy now?

Now that you've got all these, you might say you're pretty well decked-out. But do you have a literal gun from hel?
    the Hel's Crow:
    gun.png
    This, however, is only the verb, not the noun...

For the noun, try, perhaps,
    the Gullenkambi:
    gullinkambi.png

The almighty rust-red bird who stands at the unholy gates to that eternal land of darkness, hel itself.

Ranged weapons aren't all you'll find here, though. For those of you who'd rather a more... direct approach, meet my little friend
    the Phoenix Blade:
    phoenixblade.png
    A blazing sabre infused with the speed and power of the elemental flame.

But wait, there's more®!
    the Articuno Blade:
    articunoblade.png
    A creatively-named slab of sharpened ice. (if you have better names for it, discussion's right up there :))

And more!
    Anzu's Talon:
    anzublade.png
    A whistling, torrential sandblast with every swing.

Now, as special catering to our venomous friends...:nurunega: (mostly the ones pointing their weapons in an... unfortunate direction... *gulp*)
    the Venom Claw:
    venomclaw.png
    and Cursed Talon:
    cursedtalon.png
    Unleash the power of the earth upon your pathetic enemies!

But surely, something as powerful as Gullinkambi should have a weapon of its own? Indeed, it has not been forgotten.
    the Hel's Talon:
    helstalon.png
    A boulder thrown is enough on its own, but if they get close, they'll get the full dose!

* : If you see any items with this red asterisk, they are set here in preparation for the next update; meaning I already have them all set up, but haven't posted the update yet.

Support Phoenix Armoury!
    [​IMG]

*important note: Send me any and all bug reports! and suggestions! Bug reports help me fix the mod for everyone and suggestions help keep it alive with more consistent updates. If you have either of these, the discussion's right up there at the top waiting for more posts :)

Happy blasting, everyone!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Images

1. gun.png
    2. PhoenixArmory_Logo.png
    3. text4156.png

Recent Reviews

1. X La Eriza
    X La Eriza
    1/5,
    Version: 1.6.2 (Glad Giraffe)
    nice mod but it doesn't let me beam down the world, i can't even start a new character because i'm stuck in the ship forever
  2. Resfa
    Resfa
    4/5,
    Nice mod but it make that All my weapons don't shoot
    Can you fix it ?
  3. Gomunculus
    Gomunculus
    5/5,
    nice mod,but weapon don't shoot v1.0.5
  4. Jasontanz
    Jasontanz
    5/5,
    Version: 1.6.1 (Glad Giraffe)
    i smite a moon till nothing left but bedrock(with modded mining)but there's things i couldnt find...infurnus ore,celestial,and astral ore HOW AND WHERE I CAN FIND ALL OF IT
    1. Pixelguru26
      Author's Response
      Thank you for the kind rating! XD
      Infurnus ore is found in the cores of volcanic planets, Celestial and Astral ores should both be found on moons, I'll do a few bug testing runs to make sure. It may have only been that yours didn't generate, or that another one of your mods conflicted. (although that's far less likely)
  5. MrIce
    MrIce
    5/5,
    Version: 1.6 (Glad Giraffe)
    Noice
  6. HCHE
    HCHE
    4/5,
    Version: 1.6.1 beta (Glad Giraffe)
    Creat Phoenix Blade need Yliaster,How to get it(Yliaster)
    1. Pixelguru26
      Author's Response
      Glad you need the mod!Yliaster is found underground on moons, but it's rather rare
  7. ReoRayearth27
    ReoRayearth27
    4/5,
    Version: 1.5 (Spirited Giraffe)
    Loving this mod! I always felt like this game needed a tad more firepower. One ? though, the Gullinkambi says it needs "Perfectly Generic Item x20" to craft as the last craft mat. I got some of those and it says I still need 20 as if it's not reading that I have some??
    1. Pixelguru26
      Author's Response
      This will be fixed in the next update. I seem to have goofed one of the items... :S As for the PGI's inability to be used for crafting; if the game sees ANY item ID that isn't recognised, it will display it as a PGI. However, in the recipes, it will still require that ID.
  8. Havenhand
    Havenhand
    4/5,
    Version: 1.5 (Spirited Giraffe)
    Hi, I really like this mod, and the spriting is above decent. I just have a problem, how does one procure Magic Snowflakes?
    1. Pixelguru26
      Author's Response
      magic snowflakes are crafted from normal snowflakes and ferozium in a furnace.
  9. fliberdoodle
    fliberdoodle
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.1 (Pleased Giraffe)
    Really great! I'm inspired to make a Phoenix Species now, lol. Just have to finish my current one, and then I'll do it.
  10. Dullahan2
    Dullahan2
    4/5,
    Version: 1.2 (Pleased Giraffe)
    This was a very good mod, I enjoyed the guns and their multiple uses; but they fell a bit short after Ixodoom.
    1. Pixelguru26
      Author's Response
      Hindsight is 20/20, isn't it? well, yeah, it seems I have focused a bit on the lower tiers. I'll get to work on some higher-tiered weaponry. Thanks for the review/suggestion!