1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Pet Chickens 3.5

Today's your clucky day!

1. Omekk
    First off, let me start by saying that this mod was inspired by TCG's Chicken Clones mod.

Second, my awesome friend BurningX did the art for the Breeding Nets and Net Gun and the Net Gun's Net projectile.

Raise, breed, and profit off your own unique space chickens! :D

Once you have access to the outpost then you will be able to find Scotty the Avian explorer.

[​IMG]

He's heard some pretty interesting rumors about these rare chickens so you might want to make your way there pretty quickly. He should provide you with the recipes to craft the incubator, chicken nest, and feather compressor through a series of quests.

[​IMG]
    Chicken Nest, Feather Compressor, Incubator

You'll place a fertile egg and it's corresponding ore (coal for normal/rooster) into the incubator to produce a hatchable egg.

To get more fertile eggs from your chickens you will use the net gun to shoot a net at your chickens, once you've netted them then you can place them into the nest (1 x chicken of a certain type and 1 x rooster - there's only one rooster) to produce more fertile eggs which then can be incubated and hatched. DO NOT NET A BABY, they will not survive. :( I'm trying to figure out a workaround for that at the moment.

[​IMG]
    Copper, Iron, Gold, Diamond

Chickens will roam around as usual, however, they will occasionally become ready for harvest and will drop feathers! (you must press E on them to harvest) Once you have 5 of a certain feather you can then take them and put them into the feather compressor. Press compress and watch the bar/refined element appear before your eyes! :D

Lastly you will find the eggs that you are not able to find in the quests in chests out on planets! Explore and find them all!

That's basically it for now! The included chickens are as follows:

Normal Chickens
    Normal Rooster
    Copper Chickens
    Silver Chickens
    Robot (Iron) Chickens
    Golden Chickens
    Diamond Chickens
    Tungsten Chickens
    Titanium Chickens
    Durasteel Chickens
    Aegisalt Chickens
    Ferozium Chickens
    Violium Chickens
    Solarium Chickens
    Poultrygeist Chickens
    Crystal Chickens

That's about it... for now. Expect big things! Please let me know of any comments, concerns, etc. Especially if you're enjoying it! :)

Future plans:

HYBRIDS! (Diamond-solarium and beyond!)
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.

Recent Updates

1. Minor Fixes
  2. Minor Update - 3.0.6
  3. Minor Update - 3.0.5

Recent Reviews

1. ztwilliams98
    ztwilliams98
    2/5,
    Version: 3.5
    No clue why, but this mod removed the iron bar recipe from my furnace. Dont know if it is a compatability error with a different mod I have installed, but cannot smelt iron bars if I have this mod installed. Its a bummer too, because I was looking forward to trying this out!
  2. almahdimhmd767
    almahdimhmd767
    5/5,
    Version: 3.5
    can you make the incubator a crafting station that takes 3 minutes ? the current incubator is kinda buggy and dosent work so good
  3. gartfart36
    gartfart36
    5/5,
    Version: 3.0.3
    "It's finger lickin' good!"
  4. LunSei
    LunSei
    5/5,
    Version: 2.8.1
    One of my favorite mods.
  5. PufferPig
    PufferPig
    5/5,
    Great Job
  6. PabloElPuas
    PabloElPuas
    5/5,
    Love would be nice to be added to Starbound
  7. PwnagPotato11
    PwnagPotato11
    5/5,
    Version: 2.8
    I LIEK CHICKENS
  8. Amethystumn
    Amethystumn
    5/5,
    Version: 2.7
    Adorable mod and I like that there is a quest line for the chickens as well. I don't really like the idea of 'ore chickens' but I'm happy with the normal one. Perhaps in the future updates you can make chicken breeds that resemble real exotic chickens or something : ) but all in all this is a fantastic mod and I have 2 adorable little chickens in my chicken coop that I made for my farm. Thanks!
  9. BlaineMuffin
    BlaineMuffin
    5/5,
    This is such a great little mod. I hope it gets expanded on, but as is it's pretty wonderful! :D
  10. Deekkru
    Deekkru
    5/5,
    One of my all-time favorite mods by far! I have a few backyard chickens of my own, and it was a bit depressing to realize I couldn't raise them in Starbound as well - at least, not until I discovered this wonderful mod! Thank you so much for all of your hard work. <3

Would you mind if I made myself a modified version with actual chicken breeds? The ore chickies are great, but now I want a massive flock of all the breeds I can't fit into my tiny RL coop. Just...Buff Orpingtons and Ameraucanas everywhere, man. AND AN ENTIRE PLANET OF SHOW-QUALITY SILKIES.