1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Personal Submersible 1.1

Your Own Submersible to explore the depths of Oceans!

1. Markelius
    Special Thanks to AstralGhost, & Peelz, who helped me figure out the lua changes necessary to make this possible!

As of Glad Giraffe, this mod no longer works!! Please refrain from reviewing or even using this until I update it! Thanks.

While building on and exploring Ocean Planets, I always thought to myself "there has to be a better approach to this". Boats are great and all, but they can't go under the surface.

Not to mention, it's near impossible to feasibly explore a Magma or Poison Ocean, this mod aims to fix this.

Introducing the Personal Submersible!
    submersible recipe.gif
    It is crafted with Fifty Impervium, 10 Glass, and two Circuit Boards. A Placeable version can also be crafted at half the cost.

It's great for exploring Oceans
    [​IMG]

Poison Oceans
    submersible poisonocean.gif

and even Magma Oceans!
    [​IMG]

You could even drop this thing into the core of a planet and it and you would come out intact. Lava-Grade Impervium Plating! It's the best!

Not only is this great for exploration, it keeps you at the same height, which is great for underwater construction. There's nothing more frustrating than having to constantly tap the jump key while trying to build underwater, and have it mess you up half the time.

Happy Exploring and Building! Stay safe. <3
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Updates

1. Rotation syntax update
  2. Reupload on external site
  3. Reupload

Recent Reviews

1. josefdarks
    josefdarks
    3/5,
    Version: 1.1
    ES UN BUEN MOD PERO ME ES OPSOLETO EN ESTA VERSION DE SEPIEMBRE ACTUALICE POR FAVOR
  2. 315L
    315L
    5/5,
    Great Mod!
  3. Cryogeist
    Cryogeist
    5/5,
    Works great! Can't wait to test it with the Frackin' Flora Instadeath liquids (as I like to call them)
    1. Markelius
      Author's Response
      Let me know how it goes. I imagine if a boat won't protect you from those liquids, my submarine won't either though, especially if they added new status effects.
  4. Zalexard
    Zalexard
    5/5,
    I really didn't know I needed this until I saw it! Looks seriously awesome, keep up the good work!!! :D
  5. Crisium
    Crisium
    5/5,
    This is a really nice little tech mod add-on, It's a shame that so few people know and understand how much work went into making it. keep up the great work, I'm sure there will be many more great mods created by you.
  6. usepo
    usepo
    4/5,
    Version: 1.0
    The mod is really great but i have a problem,the craft doesn't appear in my replicator.
    1. Markelius
      Author's Response
      I just tested the most recent update on a fresh character and had no problems.
  7. iHeartCHEEZE
    iHeartCHEEZE
    5/5,
    Great Mo! This makes exploring so much easier, i love it
  8. OneWhoJumpsOverSheep
    OneWhoJumpsOverSheep
    5/5,
    I'm finally able to build a submerged lava base ^_^
    Thank you for this great mod!
    I have a question, will you be making variants of the submersible? i.e. modern looking ones. Thank you again.
    1. Markelius
      Author's Response
      I put a good amount of effort into the sprite I made. It's meant to look lava-grade & the colour sheme is designed for visibility in all ocean liquids (poison, lava, water). Making more sprites would be a lot of effort which I'm not really prepared to do.