1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Penguin Piracy (SUSPENDED DEVELOPMENT) V11.2.1

Pirates! Plunderers! Penguins! This mod adds penguin affiliated content, and much more!

1. PenguinRaceMod V2.1 - The Tiger Shark Update

ManicRykker
    Hey guys, update time again!

CHANGELOG

TWEAKS/ADJUSTMENTS

-Some penguin crafting recipes have been adjusted
    -The Penguin Crafting Station has been renamed to "Penguin Trade Station" (or PTS for short!). The old name was more or less a placeholder, until I found a better one more suited to the mod's theme.
    -The PTS now requires one Peng in it's crafting recipe. (What pengs are is explained further below)
    -I think I've fixed an annoying issue where if you jumped into a flight of stairs, you...
  2. PenguinRaceMod V2 - The Ocean Sunfish Update

ManicRykker
    Hey guys! Me again! Surprise: This is the release version. All versions after this will be V2.(#) from now on. That said, don't be fooled: This isn't the final update: With this update, I want to make the mod more presentable here. A less messy front page, new icon, etc. Expect that stuff in a few minutes.

I have a lot planned in the future, but I feel that the mod has progressed enough to finally come out of beta.

V2 CHANGELOG

ADDITIONS

-Added five new Jukeboxes

-Added a new item:...
  3. PenguinRaceMod V1.6.1B - The Minnow Update's second cousin

ManicRykker
    Hey guys. Turns out I'm a big fat lier.. I do have one more little update before my break. (But hey, that's good for you I guess right, so no worries! :rofl:)

CHANGELOG

-Penguin swimming has been greatly improved. You should now be able to cut through water like.... well. A penguin.

-Decreased run speed by a hair. They're penguins, not hedgehogs.
    -Increased walk speed a smidge.
    -Lessened the bounce factor by a small notch. You shouldn't feel as much like a waddling beach ball now....
  4. PenguinRaceMod V1.6B - The Minnow Update

ManicRykker
    Hey guys! Just a quick small update before I go on that short break I mentioned. No new content here, just some tweaks:

-Penguins now have their own hurt sounds. (They are cut from the sounds of emperor penguin trumpeting.)

-I have made some experimental changes to penguin physics:
    -Penguins now have a slight shock-induced "bounce" when they hit the ground after a jump
    -They are bounced back when they jump into a wall
    -They get knocked down when they hit a ceiling
    -When standing on a...
  5. PenguinRaceMod V1.5B - The Yellow Tang update

ManicRykker
    Hey guys! Update time again!

[​IMG]

This update brings exciting new features.

ADDITIONS

In a similar vein to the penguin bar item, penguins now have access to craftable, penguin run versions of several services and shops, including: Terramart, Frogg Furnishing, Infinity Express, the Tech Lab Console, and Rob Repairo! (Totally legit services, with stock not obtained through piracy!)

These special stores have items the Outpost versions don't stock!...
  6. PenguinRaceMod V1.4B - The Red Snapper update

ManicRykker
    [​IMG]

CHANGELOG

Hello again everyone! I'm back with another update!

ADDITIONS

That device you see above is the new Penguin Crafting Station! This device will make it much easier to look through the mod's new added content.

Excluding the ship items, race flag, and penguin hider clothing (which will remain craftable from their respective locations), all introduced craftable penguin furniture and decorations has been carried over to it. All future...
  7. PenguinRaceMod V1.3B - The Salmon update

ManicRykker
    Hey guys! It's updating time again, and boy is this a juicy one.

ADDITIONS

[​IMG]

This update brings with it several new items. First of which: Penguin Jukeboxes!

While you are probably familiar with the game's normal jukebox, these jukeboxes are special: They each play a certain music track from the game! Five jukeboxes, five tracks. I will probably add more of these neat little items in future updates!

[​IMG]

The...
  8. PenguinRaceMod V1.2B - The Mackerel update

ManicRykker
    Well how about that? Update time again already.
    (I can't promise they'll ALWAYS be this frequent, but I've just been on such a roll this week. Lol)

[​IMG]

CHANGELOG

-The mod finally has a ship pet! If some of you have ever visited the wiki, or peeked inside of the game's assets, this little guy may look familiar. However in case you haven't seen him before, allow me to introduce,

[​IMG]

Orbis.

Pulled from the depths...
  9. PenguinRaceMod V1.1B - The Tuna update

ManicRykker
    UPDATE CHANGELOG

-Need for the alternate mod has become unnecessary. The mod now only consists of one mod, which achieves the same feature (More color options) the alternate mod did.

NEW/UPDATED FEATURE(S)
    - The color for the vanilla penguin has been added (allowing the alternate mod to be retired. That didn't last long. Lol)
    -Added new additional colors
    (bumping the total up to 20)

BUG FIXES/IMPROVEMENTS
    -Increased penguin run speed. The slow run speed was preventing them from...