1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Penguin Piracy (SUSPENDED DEVELOPMENT) V11.2.1

Pirates! Plunderers! Penguins! This mod adds penguin affiliated content, and much more!

1. fyrekat3
    fyrekat3
    4/5,
    Version: V3
    Could you add this mod on stewm workshop ?
    Becaus is very nice an i would like to play it online more easily.
    1. ManicRykker
      Author's Response
      Thank you for the review! ^-^

As I have mentioned before, I won't be adding the mod to the Steam Workshop for now.

I plan to eventually, but for now, it's going to remain solely on the forums. I have a bit of clean up/rebranding planned next update (which I have mentioned in the discussion thread.) that would especially make putting the mod in an additional place a bit... "awkward".

That said, just keep an eye out. The day the mod "does" go up on the Workshop, I will be announcing it here.
  2. lCDP123
    lCDP123
    4/5,
    what does the suspicious beacon do? i placed it and it did nothing
    1. ManicRykker
      Author's Response
      Yeeeaaahh.... The beacon is currently broken. The script it is "supposed" to run, decided to randomly break. I have it fixed in the update I am working on.

As for what it does?... Just uh... When the next update goes up eventually, place it in a large open area on a planet. Have gear ready. (Your best armor, weapons, healing items, etc.)

What it does goes into effect the moment it's placed. I don't want to go to deeply into it, as that would ruin the surprise. XD
  3. Queshnaba
    Queshnaba
    5/5,
    Cool mod. I always like adding races to change up the feel of the game. As for a ship design may I suggest you go with Dreadwings UFO style. An example was done in a showcase from a few years ago : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxN9vx_9Qg8&ab_channel=FPSrad
    Also may I humbly request if you ever have the chance to get permissions if you could update the Agaran Race mod to work on the current version of the game? Link: http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/playable-agaran.1255/

Keep up the good work I and am sure others appreciate the work you do good sir.
    1. ManicRykker
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the review!

Unfortunately, the Dreadwing style UFO ship is a bit outdated.. I had checked it weeks ago, and I wouldn't really be able to use it without completely reworking it/fixing it to work with the latest version... (And a custom ship isn't really something I've personally bit into yet)

As for that outdated race... Perhaps. I would just have to look into it I guess. Lol
  4. Zach_Attack
    Zach_Attack
    5/5,
    Nice mod, 10/5 stars! I wish I could make mods this good :P
    My fav thing is the omnishop and what not :P
    1. ManicRykker
      Author's Response
      I'm glad you like it! Thanks for the review! :D
  5. kingrec
    kingrec
    5/5,
    Version: V2.6
    very nice mod i realy liked it just one problem the penguin trading station is not working
  6. Garus
    Garus
    4/5,
    Version: V2.4
    First of, a very nice mod bringing back the penguins to custom races.
    Very few bugs so far, exepting those already known or already given by sprites.
    Even guns are held correctly, for penguins.

I very fast encountered named bugs, or ... features ... anyways clinbing mountains became almost an impossibility, at least for me.

A very nice mod bringing back old 'features' and hidden gems like pet and Sail.
  7. Admen413
    Admen413
    4/5,
    Version: V2.3
    An entertaining mod if you want to try something new.Although it would have been pretty nice it they had their own custom introductions and missions.
    1. ManicRykker
      Author's Response
      Hi! Thanks for the review.

I've had penguin quests/missions on my mind for awhile. As of right now, I don't think the mod is "stable" enough content wise for me to jump into that sort of thing.

I set up the codexes to at least give them "something"...

I eventually hope to have a complete side penguin story running along the vanilla story.. For now, I've sorta been building up the mod's foundation, so to speak!
  8. Coregames1000
    Coregames1000
    5/5,
    Version: V2.3
    I love this mod SO much, and am impressed at how you made it in a way that didn't break the .human files! I found out about the kickstarter page just before looking at this update lol. (Also, sorry I keep posting comment's, I don't know how to edit old ones, lol)
    1. ManicRykker
      Author's Response
      Heh, it's fine! Glad you like it!

I actually had to fix an error I made in my reply in the other by deleting it and redoing it.. Don't think it can be edited.
  9. Coregames1000
    Coregames1000
    5/5,
    Version: V2.2
    Are we going to get penguin clothes?
    1. ManicRykker
      Author's Response
      Hi! Probably not.. Not sure. The reason why is explained in the Q&A in the overview.

(I really do want to though :/)