1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Peculiar Planets [DISCONTINUED] v1.0.2 (Glad Giraffe)

Adds high level planets for all biome types.

1. Plex_Director
    Plex_Director
    5/5,
    Version: v1.4.2 (Upbeat Giraffe)
    Excellent mod! I love mysterious star systems and once you get accustomed to the higher difficulties it's actually pretty managable.
    And the loot is awesome! ;-) [5+/5]
  2. J_Mourne
    J_Mourne
    5/5,
    Allow me to change my previous review to five stars for the lovely 1.0 Legacy link you provided! Many cheers. Keep up the good work (though I'll probably continue to keep things as simple as I can make them). ;P
  3. Dekrosna
    Dekrosna
    4/5,
    I'm using an already created character that was set up with the 1.4.1 version and with the new version when I access the AI system the game crashes. That needs to be addressed. I think.
  4. Macuco
    Macuco
    5/5,
    Absolutely necessary mod for playing Starbound after the main quest line in its current state. There are many cosmetic items and weapons unobtainable without this mod or using admin commands. The mod takes full advantage of patch files, so it should be compatible with most other mods.
  5. Mujina
    Mujina
    5/5,
    Version: v1.4.1 (Upbeat Giraffe)
    This mod adds a significant amount of gameplay to the end.
  6. Rukrio
    Rukrio
    5/5,
    Version: v1.4.1 (Upbeat Giraffe)
    the finer details are what make this mod awesome. i personally would give this a 5.5 out of 5.
  7. Rezifer
    Rezifer
    5/5,
    Version: v1.4 (Upbeat Giraffe)
    Wow... just wow... this mod is really fun to use
  8. FuNiOnZ
    FuNiOnZ
    5/5,
    Love it, these star systems are always so much fun to explore!
  9. Shadow.
    Shadow.
    5/5,
    Because we can go to hent... TENTACLES planet again.
    Oh, and because i need something where to use my hax items of starcheat.
  10. Rukrio
    Rukrio
    5/5,
    Version: v1.3 (Upbeat Giraffe)
    now that i have the crashes fixed (hit the discussions thread if you intend to use this mod with starbound quest skip! you'll need to patch the quest skip mod to get it working with this mod.) i can safely say that it does what it says on the tin. works especially well with my current favorite mod of weapons and armor meant for endgame, the Marauder: after all, you're hitting up planets harder than tier 6 weapons can handle. might as well pack more heat!
  11. uniden0
    uniden0
    5/5,
    Awesome! But does it work in multiplayer?
    1. Broconut
      Author's Response
      If everyone, including the host, has the mod installed then yes.
  12. J_Mourne
    J_Mourne
    4/5,
    While I continue to love what this mod does, this latest update gives me a few qualms.

I thought Chucklefish had taken a step in the right direction by splitting up environmental protection from armor and from itself. I think having to acquire a variety of technologies and equipments in order to explore adds much more depth to the game than a single tech that, once you hit maximum level, you'll never have to turn off ever again.

I would greatly prefer a system in which mysterious stars could require any of the protective gears, perhaps even new ones; instead of this system in which only one gear will ever be needed once maximum level is reached.

For this reason I'll continue to play with version 1.1, despite the intriguing additions of still further increased difficulties and deactivated biomes.

Nonetheless, thank you for your excellent mod!
    1. Broconut
      Author's Response
      I'm sorry to hear that. The reason I decided to add an all-in-one nano suit was because it saves time. I didn't like having to swap out a tech every time I visited a new planet. In my opinion, that doesn't really add anything to the gameplay. I can understand where you're coming from though. I agree that Starbound's temperature system needs to be much more interesting, but with the current system we have now, I figured I was better off throwing all the protection techs into one as an end-game item to save the player the trouble.

As for the new ores idea, I'll consider it. Right now, I feel as though visiting an inconceivable or unreal planet is practically suicide with T6 gear, so it's definitely needed.

Anyhow, thanks for the review.
  13. MrChow
    MrChow
    5/5,
    Absolutely fantastic!

Altough I've already put your mod into "recommended" section, I'm gonna make another one - "essential", because you did what I yet intended to! :D
  14. GrayRains79
    GrayRains79
    5/5,
    Version: v1.2 (Upbeat Giraffe)
    Fun, but sadly it still doesn't feel very "end game" to me. Maybe bump up the difficulty one more tier, if possible? I think its more of the fault of the game design rather than anything else however.
    1. Broconut
      Author's Response
      I'm probably going to add tier 8-10 planets in the next update as well as some other things like removed minibiomes and underground biomes.
  15. aritark
    aritark
    5/5,
    a great substitute until the real endgame gets updated.
  16. trunksmib
    trunksmib
    5/5,
    Fantastic job m8 :D Keep up the good work!
  17. Ayamabuki
    Ayamabuki
    5/5,
    Thank you!
  18. Meruru51
    Meruru51
    5/5,
    awesome mod, so glad the tentacles are back !
  19. Luminaesthesia
    Luminaesthesia
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1 (Upbeat Giraffe)
    Nicely done, figures out two big problems in my mind: lack of biome diversity in the end game (although I know this is coming later on), and the lack of finding weapons via exploration as opposed to crafting. So yeah, great job!
  20. TheLoneGamer
    TheLoneGamer
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1 (Upbeat Giraffe)
    Thank you so much for this mod. I was getting really tired of exploring the same three planet types for any sort of challenge with end game equipment. Now I feel like looking for biome unique weapons especially since they also scale to level 7 and don’t become outclassed after some progression.

Is it possible to re-enable Asteroid Fields?
    1. Broconut
      Author's Response
      I'm glad to see that you're enjoying the mod. I actually really want to add asteroid fields, but unfortunately, I've been having a lot of trouble trying to get them to work. The game always seems to crash. If I ever do get them to work, I'll definitely make an update.