I will not be updating this mod anymore nor will I be uploading it to the workshop. Consider it abandoned. If somebody else wants to update and re-upload it here or on the Steam Workshop, by all means go for it. No credit is needed.
IMPORTANT! READ THIS BEFORE INSTALLING!
MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR UNIVERSE AND CLEAR OUT YOUR UNIVERSE FOLDER BEFORE USING THIS MOD!
This mod makes changes to the way the universe generates! Coordinates for planets will NOT be the same as vanilla! If you're removing this mod, clear out your universe folder or else your game will crash! A new universe isn't required to use this mod, but it's HIGHLY recommended!
If you have questions pertaining to this mod or your game crashes when using it, head over to the discussion section. If your game is crashing, post the problem you're having with a copy of your starbound.log file (located at \Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage) and I'll take a look at it when I have the time.
What is this mod and what does it do?
This mod is a temporary solution to the rather awful endgame we have now. The developers have stated that they will be adding a proper endgame (nebulae) before or at 1.0, so this mod will become obsolete once that happens.
Here's what this mod does:
How do I install this mod?
- Adds high level planets (Peculiar) for all biome types to help make endgame a little bit more refreshing.
- Adds high level tentacle planets.
- Adds a few new sub-biomes to planet types in need of them (specifically, garden, midnight, scorched and volcanic) to help spice them up a bit.
- Peculiar planets contain tougher monsters and NPCs and stronger weapons in chests.
- Adds inhabited planets, which contain 3 race specific structures (dungeons/villages).
- Adds trace amounts of uranium, plutonium and solarium to the surface of certain planet types.
- Adds cold moons, which contain erchius crystals.
Extract the modpak file from the zip folder and move it to \Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods. If you're installing a new version of this mod, delete the old one before dragging the new one in.
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Peculiar Planets [DISCONTINUED] v1.0.2 (Glad Giraffe)
Adds high level planets for all biome types.
- Peculiar Planets - v1.0.2 Jan 5, 2016
- Peculiar Planets - v1.0.1 Dec 9, 2015
- Peculiar Planets - v1.0 Dec 8, 2015