1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Paint Gun Mod beta

Paints paintable things.

Tags:
  1. qualiyah
    qualiyah
    4/5,
    Version: beta
    Currently, this mod has some incompatibility with the Enhanced Storage mod. But if you just delete just the files for containers from *this* mod, that solves the problem (though the containers will no longer be recolorable). It's worth the trouble to do that! This mod is otherwise totally awesome. :)
  2. squiblez
    squiblez
    4/5,
    Great mod, works exactly as described and is easy to use.

If you are into getting creative and stepping outside of the "vanilla" box to forge extremely detailed structures, towns or cities, or anything really: This mod is a MUST, even more so if your creations rely on color(It doesn't make sense for a wooden fortress with a white exterior to have a normal wood tinted support corner, does it?)

Of course the only thing missing is activated objects(as mentioned in the description as of the time I'm typing this), so your pale wooden fortress may have to deal with modded doors, or the normal lame vanilla ones. I'd still 100% recommend this mod to ANYONE who asks me what mods they should start with.
  3. Orpheus of Ciphrus
    Orpheus of Ciphrus
    5/5,
    So! Sitting here in my server, when our main modder shows up with this mod, and I kind of dropped my stuff, and looked at it. I'll admit, at first I was like 'Oh, don't we already have a paint gun in base vanilla?' Then I realized- 'Wait a second, this paints /furniture/.' Skies above, that's useful for an RP server, and personalizing one's home- instead of having to stick to one furniture set, as they have the same color scheme, this basically grants you the ability to mix and match your furniture...which I'll be honest? That's amazing. So seriously? Thanks for bringing this idea to life.
  4. GoldenstarArtist
    GoldenstarArtist
    5/5,
    A godsend! My Server is rejoicing over the discovery of this mod!
  5. Zauber Paracelsus
    Zauber Paracelsus
    5/5,
    I've been waiting for something like this for a long time now. The old Dye Mod had implemented object/furniture painting and implemented armor and block dying before those existed in the vanilla game. The Dye Mod hasn't been updated in a couple years, so it's good to finally see a mod restore its missing functionality.
  6. amirmiked12
    amirmiked12
    5/5,
    cool..add more objects
  7. SkeithStone
    SkeithStone
    5/5,
    Really useful mod. There are still some items that can't be painted, but right now, it's one of the most useful mods for the community
  8. Charlatan
    Charlatan
    5/5,
    Glad we got all this working ^^ A lot of people have been waiting for this I am sure.
    1. mastercookie
      Author's Response
      yay! though it's maybe just me and 2 other people :D