So it's pretty much what Mr. Pingu said. Allows to paint vanilla objects that were designed to be painted (about 300 of them). The line "- can be colored -" is added to their descriptions.
Based on the Decoration Displacer tool from Nostalgic Greenery mod by Charlatan.
To install unpack the archive to the Mods folder.
The Paint Gun can be bought for 1000 pixels from the Basic Crafting Menu.
- The way to add this is a bit clunky, basically every object needs to have an .animation and .lua files. And when you add animation, you also need "animationPosition", otherwise object may be placed incorrectly. So some testing needed, especially in dungeons and villages, since I tested only newly spawned objects.
- So far lights and toggleable things aren't supported, hence beta status.
- On the bright side, adding mod support requires only tweaks in the mod itself (not this mod).
- Some older things were disabled from the game, u can find some of them here:
- There shouldn't be lots of conflicts with other mods, since all is done through patching, but who knows...
Charlatan - all the scripting (taken and tweaked by me from NG) plus dealing with my endless questions;
Me - all the other things (patching, designing and tweaking the gun, by which I mean recolouring vanilla Bubblegun ).
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Paint Gun Mod beta
Paints paintable things.