1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated (Outdated/Un-related)Tiered Matter Manipulators V. Enraged Koala 1.3.0

Manipulate your matter! 26 + new matter manipulators.

1. dafman4
    Light Mod: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/tiered-mat-manipulators-light.1269/
    Textures, check 'em out!: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/bgg-textures.2295/

Tiered Matter Manipulators!!
    Currently this mod has added more than twenty-six matter manipulators, but i will keep working on more, with different properties, possibly.
    You will need to use the starmap upgrades to unlock even if you are already a higher tier!!

Mod Info
    My mod has ideas flowing through it, currently there are 26 new tiered matter manipulators, in the ten existing tiers, plus one. from copper to impevium (+ 1). specifically copper, iron, gold, titanium, aegisalt, ferozium, cerulium, violium, rubium, impervium (+ 1). each one in some way or another is better than the last. The next tier of manipulators are unlocked through the use of the starmap upgrades. They can be crafted on an anvil, or metal works station. The easiest way to find them is to set the search to legendary, click the little purple box in the upper left hand corner of the crafting table/anvil. EVERYTHING is made in the anvil or metal forge.

Why?
    I decided to do this mod because i felt that having the game tell you that pickaxes are "so last millennium" that we should have something cooler than just hand drills or lasers. A gun that Mines more efficiently than all of them.

Desc/Info on MaMas/others
    YES, there are fixes to be made, i realize that :p have a nice day

Tier 1 Copper
    mining diameter of 2, or 1
    1.25 X faster

Tier 2 iron
    Mining diameter of 2, or 1
    1.66 X faster

Tier 3 Gold
    Mining diameter of 2, or 1 Wide: 4, or 2
    2.5 X faster Wide: 1.79 X faster

Tier 4 Titanium
    Mining diameter of 3, or 1 Wide: 5, or 3
    1.25 X faster Wide: 1.07 X faster

Tier 5 Aegisalt
    Mining diameter 3, or 1 Wide: 5, or 3
    1.66 X faster Wide: 1.39 X faster

Tier 6 Ferozium
    Mining diameter 3, or 1 Wide: 5, or 3 Small: 2, or 1
    2.5 X faster Wide: 1.92 X faster Small: 3.57 X faster

Tier 7 cerulium
    Mining diameter 4, or 1 Wide: 4, or 6 Small: 2, or 1
    1.66 X faster Wide: 1.39 X faster Small: 2.08 X faster

Tier 8 Violium
    Mining diameter: 4, or 1 Wide: 4, or 6 Small: 2, or 1
    2.5 X faster Wide: 1.92 X faster Small: 3.57 X faster

Tier 9 Rubium
    Mining diameter 5, or 1 Wide: 5, or 6 Small: 3, or 1 E. Wide: 4, or 7
    2.5 X faster Wide: 2.5 X faster Small: 3.57 X faster E. Wide: 1.66 X faster

Tier 10 Impervium
    Mining diameter 5. or 1 Wide: 5, or 6 Small: 3, or 1 E. Wide: 4, or 7
    12.5 X faster Wide: 6.25 X faster Small: 27.77 X faster E. Wide: 2.5 X

Videos
    My crappy attempt at a cool video...

Pictures
    Need some, Pm me. :p

Other Shtuff:
    If you have any ideas, either comment below or start a conversation with me. If you have any pictures or videos send them to me at dafman6@gmail.com

Not gonna lie never thought i'd break 2k DLs on my first mod, Thanks everyone!! as well as everyone below. :D

HUGE THANKS TO: TeiHoo: The idea for the light mod, and all the other help he's given!

Have fun, and don't forget the feedback!!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Updates

1. Actual fix
  2. Fix
  3. Textures removed, Moving them to different thread

Recent Reviews

1. cyrus1254
    cyrus1254
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.0
    I love the nightly builds, but they're too broken for me to enjoy them. Having gone back to the vanilla release I found myself longing for my upgraded matter manipulator, and this mod fills that gap!
    1. dafman4
      Author's Response
      Glad i can help! I'll have to start trying to play the nightly's!
  2. Alex Great
    Alex Great
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.0
    I like it
    1. dafman4
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the in-depth review ;P
  3. Hurley6178
    Hurley6178
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.8
    I love it, and I can't wait to get the higher ones but there seems to be missing an Iron one. I made the copper and cannot for the life of me find any next one that uses copper. I've checked all crafting tables/anvils/stations and what not and see the next 25 I can craft but that one missing link is preventing me from getting the rest :(. Can anyone help please? thanks in advance and still awesome mod!!!
  4. Jeoshua
    Jeoshua
    4/5,
    Version: 1.2.8
    Fantastic mod, doing just as much as was needed to remove the need to ever craft that "so last millennium" pickaxe. One star removed for re-enabling the super-silly fishaxe. It temps me with its absurdity, but it's a god-item.
    1. dafman4
      Author's Response
      Have a way to delete it from the page on the information, just after how to get rid of all the new textures, no more worrying about that temptation!
  5. Keridan
    Keridan
    3/5,
    Version: 1.2.7
    Has a few issues.

One is as previously stated, for some reason you need a normal Aegisalt manipulator for a Wide Ferozium manipulator. Made no sense and caused a waste of resources.

Two is that the Extra Wide manipulators do not work when in alt mode. If used, the screen will go black and a message will say the server no longer exists; even if you don't use servers like in multiplayer.

Third is the Godly manipulator is considered a one handed tool, and as such it can not as effectively mine back walls. Personally do not see a reason why it should be one handed, other than for inconvenience.
    1. dafman4
      Author's Response
      These problems should now be fixed, sorry for the inconveniences.
  6. Darkstar01FTW
    Darkstar01FTW
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.6
    I love the tiered Manipulators, problem is, for both Aegisalt manipulators, they both require the regular titanium manipulator, not the w. titanium manipulator. Was this meant to be? or was it a mistake? Other then that, Keep up the good work!
    1. dafman4
      Author's Response
      I'll have to check.. Probably release it with the new textures if it does need to be fixed, as it doesn't seem that big an issue.
      thanks for letting me know!
  7. chewfaimau
    chewfaimau
    4/5,
    Version: 1.2.3
    its a good mod and I like it but if you read what I wrote in the discussion board you will see my point there. But the mod is good had no problems with it at all and working to get the better matter manipulator is fun too.
  8. Ester Stark
    Ester Stark
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    Awesome mod! I'm glad that you've embeded the tiered concept with the matter manipulator. Happy that you can now build it up so that it proves more useful once you grow up in the tier system ^_^
    1. dafman4
      Author's Response
      Thanks! That was one of the things i really felt that this mod needed, you know besides the manipulators ;P
  9. teihoo
    teihoo
    5/5,
    I like this idea. Why do we need pickaxes? :) Just a note to author - found a few bugs, I'm posting them under discussion.
    1. dafman4
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the bug info, i'll start looking for those right away!
  10. Hatsya Souji
    Hatsya Souji
    4/5,
    Good job in pulling off this kind of mod, at least we ain't hammerin' stuff like a slave!
    1. dafman4
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the praise!
      Any ideas on how to make it better? or are you a nothing's perfect kind of person?