Ore Rebalance v1.2
For v. Spirited Giraffe / Unstable
Did you know that by default Starbounds ores spawn nearly the same amount at all
depths and at most world difficulties? Averaging around 1.10/1.20 with (very) few spikes here and there, although some ores do only spawn at higher difficulty planets (titanium for example), even then the rates end up being close to the same. This makes mining boring as you can find nearly everything at the same depth across most worlds.
This mod aims to rebalance the current ore spawn rates to make them more diverse. All ores have had their spawn rates boosted and tweaked, each having their own unique spawning conditions. This makes mining less boring but also not a chore to find the ore you need.
- COAL Is mostly found near the surface and upper depths on all worlds. It becomes harder to find the deeper you go, very common on volcanic worlds.
- COPPER Is now a common find in the upper depths of low threat worlds, becoming rarer the deeper you go and vanishing fully at lower depths. It does not spawn on higher threat worlds.
- IRON Spawn rates have been boosted, and become more common the deeper you go. Still only spawns on Harmless and Mostly Harmless worlds (that’s default)
- SILVER Ore is now more common near the lower depths, tapering off a bit until you reach the core. It is most common on Mostly Harmless to Moderate worlds.
- GOLD Is now mostly found in the mid depths of low threat worlds, is it most common on Moderate worlds.
- PLATINUM Can be found very rarely starting at Mostly Harmless worlds, it becomes more common the deeper you go and the higher the world threat level.
- TITANIUM Can now be found starting on Mostly Harmless worlds very rarely at the world core, becoming more common on Moderate and Risky worlds near the lower/mid depths.
- DIAMOND Is mostly found now at the lowest depths and in the deepest parts of the world’s core, higher threat level worlds will start to see it rarely in the mid depths as well.
- URAINUM Can now be found very rarely on Moderate and Dangerous worlds. Spawn rates boosted on Risky worlds, found most common in the mid depths and in the core.
All other ores have simply had their spawn rates boosted slightly at this time.
Download and extract the .ZIP file into:
To update the mod extract the zip into your mods folder and allow it to over write the existing file.
Note: Changes will only appear on unexplored worlds.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Outdated Ore Rebalance Spirited Giraffe
Edits the Ore Distribution Tables to boost and rebalance ore spawns. (Non Cheaty)