***ABANDONED***To start farming ores, craft a farm console with 5 copper bars, 5 iron bars and 50 pixels.
If anyone feels like updating this mod or continuing support for it, feel free.
Go here if you have requests for things you want added or changed, and general discussion on the changes/additions as well as discussion about requests other people have made.
DEFINITELY go there if you are interested in being a part of the planning process of the mod and/or want to help with actual development such as adding patches for other mods, or helping me with a new addition or even a new mod if that comes up.
Use the farm console to craft the seeds, you cannot get them otherwise.
You have to unlock the recipes by picking up the matching ore, which shouldn't be a problem.
The cost of making a seed is 15 bars of the respective resource, and some pixels.
The cost of a higher tiered seed is 15 seeds of the previous tier plus some pixels
Every plant takes 5 - 7 minutes to grow completely (2.5 - 3.5 minutes per stage)
A few points for people that have problems with how I balanced the mod
- The seeds are expensive for a reason. Once you have one seed, you can keep planting and harvesting to get a huge field of crops that will give you high amount of ore
- The plant drops are not low. They drop the same as any vanilla plant, but with a 3% higher chance for each outcome. There is really no reason to complain.
- The growth time for each plant is significantly lower than any other vanilla plant, so you can plant and harvest much faster, allowing you to make your over-powered ore farm that much faster. (This really is unfair but I kept getting complaints about drop rates)
Just move the "Ore_Farming" folder in the .zip file to your "mods" folder
The file that lets you convert the seeds from version 1.7 or lower to 1.8 or higher is here
If you have compact crops installed, download this and move the folder inside to your mods folder
If you have persistent farmables installed, download this and move the folder inside to your mods folder
If you have seed extractor and genetics lab installed, download this and move the folder inside to your mods folder
The original patches for compact crops and persistant farmables are courtesy of Mackinz who has helped me a lot with perfecting this mod
The new patches and the seed extractor patch, is courtesy of Pedromendes.
The new sprites look like this!:
I made helpful chart of which plants spawn in which biomes. (If the biome isn't on the chart, no plants spawn there)
If you encounter a glitch or think that the recipes are unbalanced, please tell me about it so i can fix it
I will only be able to work on the mod during weekends because of school but i will be on the forums if anyone needs help
- Add patch for persistent farmables/compact crops
- Add monster drops (unfortunately there are some issues preventing me from completing this.)
- Add some sort of biome generation
- Add a chance for it to be found in random chests (I don't really feel like it right now)
- New descriptions that are more legitimate
- New sprites
- Craft-able plant tiers that drop more loot as the previous tier, for smaller, more efficient farms.
- Implement new farming system (oreberries dust/ore crystals or something and planting on cobblestone)
You can also take a look at my other mod:
The farm console looks like this:
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Outdated Ore Farming 2.0 [Enraged Koala]
Adds new craft-able seeds used to grow various ores