1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Obscurum Materiam [AKA Dark Matter] 1.2

A mod that adds dark matter weapons, tools, armors, and blocks into the game.

1. ObscurusTech
    If anyone wants to contribute:
    https://github.com/Obscurum/DarkMatter/tree/master

~Obscurum Materiam~

Obscurum Materiam (Dark and Matter in Latin, according to Google Translate) is a mod that adds in an ore that, when destroyed, gives you Dark Matter. Although it is not solid you are still able to contain it with Uranium and Alien Rock.

By combining Dark Matter, Alien Rock, and Uranium you are able to make a new type of crucible that can harness Dark Matter. With this you will be able to condense Dark Matter into a more solid state so that you can use it to reinforce your weapons, armor, and tools.

Maybe you can make this condensed Dark Matter into a more pure version? One that might not be littered with scraps of Uranium and pieces of Alien Rock? Well, science has found a way. By mixing all three elements together using a special table it can make molten, pure dark matter. This allows for more powerful weapons and tools.

This mod was made in about three or four (I forget) days with the help of a friend. This has been a great deal of experimenting and discovering new things. Originally this mod was made to be small and to help me learn all the JSON stuff and such, but I decided to release it public because, well, Wynaut?

To install this mod, simply download the zip file, extract the DarkMatter file out of there and put it in your ~/giraffe_storage/mods/ folder. It is certain to work with the latest Stable build, but it has not been tested and most likely does not work on the Unstable builds. Please do give opinions and constructive criticism because, this being my first mod (sort of), I would love to improve upon what is bad and also update to fix these bad things.

Also, a special thank to all the people on the forums and the ##starbound-modding IRC for helping me out. Even if I was a tad bit annoying I really appreciate your guys' work here. :)
    ~Enjoy~
    |
    ~Showcase~

Here are pictures of the various items and blocks in the game. I tried my best to capture them, sorry if they're not the best.

Also, I am now trying out something new. Someone recommended me to post video versions of the items to show off what they look like in-game. There is a spoiler under this paragraph with links to certain items in an mp4 version. Sadly I can not have these out like the still images, but let me know what you think!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    From left to right ~ Dark Matter Sword, Dark Matter Spear, Dark Matter Scythe, and Dark Matter Armor.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    From left to right ~ Dark Crucible, Dark Matter Blocks, Dark Matter Pickaxe, and Dark Matter Drill.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    From left to right ~ Purifier, Dark Matter Grappling Hook, and Purified Scythe.

[​IMG]
    A deposit of Dark Matter. The more dangerous the planet the higher chance you have of Dark Matter being there. It is highly deposited in planet cores.
    Celty, MrChow and C0rrupter like this.

Recent Updates

1. Large Update ~ 1.2
  2. Large Update ~ 1.1
  3. Small Update ~ 1.0.1

Recent Reviews

1. MrChow
    MrChow
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    A lot of love and thought was put into this little mod. A lot of stars it deserves. :3
    1. ObscurusTech
      Author's Response
      Thank you very much. :)
  2. Kye3085
    Kye3085
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    Good mod seems to be getting regular updates and tweaks.