1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated No More Gateways (Discontinued for Good!) 3/6/2015

Removes gateways from solar systems (and modifies early-game quests a bit)!

1. Shadow Wolf TJC
    Note: It has come to my attention that Chucklefish already plans on having Ancient Gateways spawn on Garden planets, as seen within this blog:

Skip ahead to 3:41 for proof.

Because of this, development for this mod has been discontinued for good, since I suspect that there will no longer be any Ancient Gateways in orbit around every star system, and I see no use in making a mod that adds something that'll already be included for a future release! Chucklefish is free to delete it if they want to.

Original description:

This is a simple proof-of-concept mod demonstrating just what can be possible by limiting gateways to Garden biomes, and allowing players to teleport directly to the Outpost from their ships. What it does is the following:

- Removed ancient gateways from ALL star systems
    - Star Systems are no longer guaranteed to spawn moon planets
    - Starting planet requirements changed so that Ancient Gateways no longer need to be within the same solar system
    - Players now need a Molten Core to fix their ship's thrusters
    --- Players can get one at the Penguin Bay, located at the Outpost, after completing a quest (or the Infinity Express, once the quest is complete)
    - Some changes in S.A.I.L. and quest dialogue to reflect the new changes

Note that, while not strictly required, the mod was designed to work with the following mods in mind:

Planetary Gateways (to allow players to leave the starting planet)
    Ship-To-Outpost Teleporters (to allow players to visit the Outpost, even if Gateways were removed)

Without them (or other similar mods), problems can happen, such as players being left stranded on the starting planet without a way to repair the ship's thrusters, or in other solar systems without a way to refuel the ship.
    [​IMG]
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.