1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Nightly story 2016-05-15

Enables storyline in Nightly build so you can progress

1. v6ooo
    As of 2016-07-06, things are enabled by default and this mod is rendered useless.

Nightly branch is the developers' progress of the game.
    It will never will be in a acceptable playable state.
    Using admin commands to progress is not uncommon.
    Nightly will break from day to day and there's usually nothing to do other than wait.

If you wish to play the game then please wait for Stable or Unstable branch (not Nightly) to be updated.
    Don't burn yourself out, play something else and wait for the full experience.

You have been warned!

Introduction
    Nightly story
    enables the storyline quests in the Nightly build so you'll be able to obtain the Matter Manipulator, boot up the ship and S.A.I.L., and continue on whatever quests the developers have finished.

This mod is very unlikely to break so don't be scared if it hasn't been updated in a while.

If you already have an old character without the quests
    Type /spawnitem q to give yourself the initial quest. Destroy the item afterwards.
    Now you need to /warp instanceworld:protectorate. If you happen to be falling after warping then just warp once more. (open chat and press up to recall old messages)
    After finishing that you'll get the part to explore the orbited planet. You've most likely left the starter planet with the gateway but you can use any Ancient Gateway in the galaxy.​

How to get to the Outpost
    The quest should tell you how to activate the Gateway and when you've visited the Outpost once, it will be added to your teleporter as a bookmark. Don't forget to enable the 2-Stop Teleshop teleporter while you're there.

How to obtain Tech
    When you get to the Outpost you'll find the new Tech Upgrade Console but you will need to finish some quests and challenge missions to unlock Techs.

How to upgrade your Matter Manipulator
    On the right hand side there is a new toolbar button to open the Matter Manipulator upgrade window.​

Installation
    Extract zip file. Move folder into Starbound/mods/

When updating it is recommend that you remove the previous version.

Contact
    If you wish to bug report or discuss something with me and/or other users, click the discussion tab on top or go directly to the forum thread.
    If you need to contact me personally, send me a PM or use my Twitter @v6ooo.

Mod Pack Permissions:
    Do not include this mod in compilations.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. Campaigner
    Campaigner
    5/5,
    Version: 2016-05-15
    It's hard to test things when we can't even test things. This mod lets us test things, which helps us find bugs and do our part to let the developers know that they broke something. An essential for nightly users who wish to start from the beginning to help find issues with the game from the very start, not just the parts after the introduction.
  2. Exaelitus
    Exaelitus
    5/5,
    Version: 2016-05-15
    Yes yes, we know we should wait for the "full experience", but I've been waiting for YEARs! =) This mod makes my dreams come true (to be able to wait for 1.0).