This mod works from version 1.3.3 of Starbound.
=== What this mod does ===
This mod enhances the different planets and biomes you can find in the vanilla game by adding more planets themed in accordance with the mini-biomes that already spawn on normal planets.
A total of 19 planets are added by the mod. All of them spawn around a new star type called Radiant star (shown in pink on the universe map)
The planets are made further than just adding biomes. For a better immersion and more fun :
- Custom and unused weathers and musics are added.
- Some parallaxes and sky colors are made exotic.
- Environments have different conditions to take into account when exploring. Some biomes inflict a poisoned debuff, others have wild gravity conditions while different biomes are extremely dark (even more than Midnight) or a living paradise to explore.
- All planets have a tier between 7 and 10 for a better challenge and interest for planet exploration. Tier for space encounters is raised to 7 around the new stars.
- Large flying monsters spawn on surface level.
- Tentacles biome can appear as a sub region on some planets.
- A few unused elements are reintroduced on some planets (such as blocks, breakables, ambient sounds...)
- Finally, some planets are more exotic that the ones you can find on vanilla and other can combine 2 mini-biomes at the same time.
Planets don't have an erchius ghost like shown on the pictures. I just used a custom augment that adds the ghost everywhere for more challenge.
=== Mod installation and removal ===
This mod works the same way than my other planet mod. To install this mod, download the .pak file from the link and place it into your Starbound mods folder, then move far from your position in the universe until you see radiant stars on the map (pink stars). Visit those stars and you are ready.
- Move your ship on a normal vanilla star (very important). Mine all trees from your ship and important planets that are Crystalline, Alienweird and Whitepetals giant flowers.
- Remove (mine) from your important planets and ship all placed objects related to heck biome (Placed heck chests, pillars, altars and breakables). Doom furniture is safe to keep.
- Remove all the swordstone seeds you planted on your ship and important planets.
- Any item placed in inventory and storage that came with the mod will turn into a perfectly generic item after uninstalling. This includes :
• Saplings got from crystalline trees and whitepetals foliage giant flowers.
• All heck biome related items excluding flesh pile and food that isn't meatchunks. Doom furniture is safe to keep.
• Swordstone seeds.
Other items such as saplings from other trees or anything found in the new chests (excluding heck chests) will be safe to keep.
- From version 1.21, you must also remove the new Terraformers you placed on your ship and planets.
- From version 1.23, Hugebipeds pets will be invalid to use after uninstalling the mod.
=== Compatibility ===
This mod is made the same way than my other planet mod. It only adds new content and doesn't change any vanilla file. It is compatible with other mods that add new stars, planets and biomes to your game.
Compatible with my other mod : "New Stars with Planets from Tiers 7 to 10".
The only minor issue happens if you use a mod that also adds pink stars to the universe, distinguishing stars with the same colors may be difficult.
=== Permissions ===
You are free to use my mod for anything you want as long as you give credit to me. I'll appreciate being quoted for my work.
=== Other notes ===
I am open to suggestions to improve the mod if you have ideas, notice bugs or things that look weird.
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
New Stars with mini-Biomes themed Planets (Tiers 7 to 10) 1.24
Makes all mini-biomes appear as planets to explore in the universe