1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated New Race Jumpstart Kit 1.3

A race-creation resource for new modders, by a new modder.

1. Mmklop
    Mmklop
    4/5,
    Version: 1.3
    to update your mod made from this base to glad giraffe, go to
    [yourmodname]/ai and open ai.config.patch next, inbetween "aiFrames" : "humanAi.png",
    and
    "staticFrames" : "staticHuman.png:",
    type;
    "portraitFrames" : "portraits/humanPortraits.png",
    and you should be good to go
  2. jajoe98
    jajoe98
    4/5,
    This has been helping me understand how to make a race and it is awesome but if I unzip the file straight into the mods folder I get this error: Fatal Exeption caught: (StarExeption) An error occurred during loading: (JsonExeption) No such key in Json::get("portraitFrames")
    I do have other mods but the game runs fine unless I put this file into the folder. Is there a way to fix this?
    1. Wall of Knowledge
      Author's Response
      You could run it on Upbeat Giraffe. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
      The mod's outdated, so it only serves as a reference until/if I get around to updating it.
  3. Shadewarp
    Shadewarp
    5/5,
    Awesome resource for getting old races back into the game - this helps you understand the new format and will greatly reduce your frustration level ;)
  4. spyridondvts19
    spyridondvts19
    5/5,
    This is really great! Now I can finally create a Yoshi species for SB!
    And now.... I need a tutorial of how to create clothes for SB....
  5. Icekat8
    Icekat8
    5/5,
    Must have for anyone starting out on trying to make or update old race mods, very appreciative of this as alot of older races where made well but left to gather dust, now I can fill up my tons o' empty race selection spots!
  6. haynesy566
    haynesy566
    4/5,
    Is this still compatible with newest updates? I am extremely grateful that SOMEONE has finally managed to make something like this :) I would look forward to working with you in making some more custome races if you'd like just pm me if your interested
  7. FireFly Knight
    FireFly Knight
    4/5,
    Pretty Useful!!!
    but not I run my Mod u-u
  8. Petalwatch
    Petalwatch
    5/5,
    Extremely useful!
  9. Bughunter
    Bughunter
    5/5,
    A great help! Thumbs up to you :)
  10. Taweret
    Taweret
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    It is what it says on the can, and great for it. I didn't use the a guide or anything but found my way through with a lot of trial and error, and the one major issue that cropped up was VERY quickly fixed by the author. Long live the New Race Jumpstart Kit! Death to the Miniknog!
  11. SleepySquidd
    SleepySquidd
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    Beat me to making this, haha! It's very well made, helpful guides, and includes all the needed files. There are some extra unneeded ones, though. All thats really needed in the ai folder is the png and main ai.config.patch.

Other than that, though, this is perfect.
    1. Wall of Knowledge
      Author's Response
      This is true, but the AI's text won't work properly without patching another dozen files... and who honestly wants to do that?
  12. jackster_227
    jackster_227
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    Thank you so much! While I didn't actually install the mod itself, I used it as a template to find out what I was missing and why my race mod was crashing. Thanks dude!
    1. Wall of Knowledge
      Author's Response
      Not a problem! As long as I've helped someone get their mod working, this mod's served its purpose. :)