1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

MTN (More Than Necessary) 1.2.0

Manages custom maps. Allows for greater modding flexibility (i.e. Farmhouse anywhere, 4+ players).

1. Update to 0.3.1

Gamemx
    Greetings y'all,

Cabins are now able to properly generate. You can currently have up to 9 overall. This limitation will be increased shortly.
    Technical note: If there is a shortage of cabins, the additional will be ignored. For example, if you create a game with 8 cabins, but there is only 4 cabin tiles set within the map, only 4 will exist and only 4 players will be able to join game.

Cabins can now be injected into existing maps. This currently works with canon maps. Custom maps are unsupported but will be given support later. Extra cabins can be injected into the map without the need for setting the tiles via extraCabins.xml. See the file for examples.

The ability to start a game with no debris has been implemented. This works on ANY custom map or canon map. No need to make extra maps for players who don't want debris everywhere. They have the option for themselves now.

The ability for map makers to move the farm cave has been implemented. Map Makers can now move the cave on the farm without having to replace the farm cave map itself. See farmType.template.xml for the example.

Bug Fixes:
    --Fixed an issue that caused the farm house / green house to render at point 0, 0 for guest Farmhands.
    --The scroll bar has been cleaned up within the new game UI.

Lastly, I will not be able to bypass the limitations to the size of the maps due to underlying issues with the framework SDV is built on. Instead, I will be working on implementing multiple farm maps in one game, and look into having the ability (as map makers) to allow "infinite growth" of the farm.

Images

1. nodebris.png
Return to update list...