1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

[MR] Mad Doctors Experiments 2 [SB 1.1] Version 1.8

Various Experimental Code commented to help modders

1. The | Suit
    MODDER'S RESOURCE
    This mod is not meant to for normal users. This is simply a modder's resource on experimental code I am testing out to give really basic examples of certain lua functions and in some cases JSON examples of how things work.

All code is commented - to help understand how each part works.

Important Note:
    Please delete previous folder before using new one. DO NOT overwrite. Some times files are moved around - this can result in duplicates and errors.

Experiments
    ( may not be up to date - check Update tab up top for more details on the update)
    • Data Storage ( 3 )- Method of storing data and retrieving data while being retained on breaking.
    • Liquid Furnace - Produces an item based on the type of liquid it is submerged in.
    • Weapon Applying Status effect to Wielder ( 2 )- ( Alberto Rota ) - weapon will apply status effect to the person who wields it as well as conditions to apply status effects
    • Armor Full Set Status Effect (2)- A status effect is applied when all pieces of an armor set is worn.
    • Active Item ( 2 )- Looking at basic fundamentals of active items and creating a flashlight with lua.
    • Universe Flag - Test to see capabilities of universe flag.

Setup
    You must copy each folder inside madExp folder into your mods directly. Directly placing madExp will not work - this is done as there is a possibility as some experiments may conflict with each other. So copy the experiment you want to see and install.

A Metadata file is kept in each primary folder to help better identify the main folder in each group.

Github Link: https://github.com/xxswatelitexx/Starbound/tree/master/mad_Exp

If it helped you out - just drop a note. Would love to see what you did with what is provided here.

Code Contributors:

Icon Credits:
    Zombie Icon from: http://www.yootheme.com/icons/freebies
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Reviews

1. vipmedy
    vipmedy
    5/5,
    Version: [SB 1.1] Version 1.6
    Great!
  2. Chofranc
    Chofranc
    5/5,
    Version: [SB 1.1] Version 1.3
    This is awesome, i already know how the json part of starbound works, but what attracted me of this modder resource was the part of lua code because i want to learn how it work in starbound to make my custom things with it but since there is a lot of lack of tutorial for lua code in starbound, the comments that are in the files help a lot.

The "sb.logInfo ()" was something that i was looking forward, since in old versions you use world.loginfo() to write text in the starbound.log to debug some things.

Thanks and keep it up with the good work :).