1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Modify Matter Manipulator 1.3

Lets you modify the matter manipulator (aka beam axe) for free!

1. noname2tellu
    Steam workshop link: Click Here

Sets the cost for upgrading the matter manipulator modules to zero! Also allows you to use the reset button that was originally in the code, but was commented out.

Installing the mod: Download the mod and unzip it in your "..\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\mods" folder.

preview.png

Old description in the spoiler tag.

Note: Like any mod - installing this, starting a character, and then removing this mod, and then trying to play that same character again will cause a crash. That is just how Starbound works with mods in my experience :/.

Mod incorporates: An item that gives a quest, using ship ai-commands (enable / disable them), and modifying the "beamaxe" item that the player has.

A simple mod that allows you to modify your matter manipulator (aka beam axe) with the help of S.A.I.L.

The power (mining power / tile damage) can be adjusted to: 3.4 , 5, 1000

The radius can be adjusted to: 2, 4, 5

Liquid collection can be turned on or off.

Beam 'Jitter' and 'Width' are modified based on the selection for power / radius (just like the normal upgrades would for the matter manipulator).

How to use:

Installation - Unzip the file and place the folder into your mods folder for Starbound. This is not a .modack so that anyone can see how the mod was made easily (and change some values if they really want).

Uninstall - Will probably break characters that where played after the mod is installed if it is removed, never removed it myself personally. (It is just one ai command that could be ignored if you don't want to use it anymore :D.)

New Character
    If you are starting a new character after the mod is installed the option to modify your beam axe will be available once you enable it.

Existing Character

In chat type "/admin"

After entering that type "/spawnitem modMMCard 1" (make sure your cursor is close to you so that you pick up the item right away, the item spawns where your cursor is).

The first version (1.0) used mbaCard, if for some reason you have the first version installed and haven't updated to Pleased Giraffe on Starbound and downloaded the latest version of this mod use "/spawnitem mbaCard 1" instead.

A quest will be completed and now you can use S.A.I.L to modify your beam axe!

Be sure to type into chat "/admin" again to de-admin yourself to play the game normally.

All commands should be entered without the quotation marks obviously :).

Note / Help: The default commands for S.A.I.L. upgrading your matter manipulator are still enabled and if used will change your matter manipulator. If you accidentally upgrade your matter manipulator normally just re-modify it with the mod.

The mod is made to allow for transitioning between the options available easily.

The highest value that the matter manipulator gets normally through the game is 5power, 5 radius, and liquid collection on.

If you must use the 1000 power option consider using radius 2 to help with performance.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Reviews

1. 8bitaether
    8bitaether
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3
    this mod is really amazing, however. is there a possible way to make it work with modded items, just to save that hassle? its fine if it can't (because summonable stuff) but it could still be really efficient. c:
    1. noname2tellu
      Author's Response
      Not sure what you mean by 'modded items', this just changes how the default matter manip upgrades cost.
  2. Hardlight
    Hardlight
    5/5,
    Fantastic work!
  3. Silvercat
    Silvercat
    5/5,
    Love it, man. Makes things so much easier.
  4. childeroland
    childeroland
    5/5,
    Just what I need!
  5. DragonAxon
    DragonAxon
    5/5,
    Thanks for the amazing mod! It really helps with startup, with the building community, and also with actually getting resources in general! I even got the max one without the mod and now it is far better.
    1. noname2tellu
      Author's Response
      Yeah it sure is a nice change from the default at the start XD! The only problem is pickaxes now (they seem somewhat useless), but that is a problem for a different day >_>'
  6. Misontic
    Misontic
    5/5,
    Great mod for starting a new character. Makes startup take a lot less time.
  7. Wisdom2711
    Wisdom2711
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    Wery helpful, saves time...and ty to inform about /admin, never knew of that)
  8. intrepid-explorer
    intrepid-explorer
    5/5,
    I was looking at the update thinking, over 1000 DLs but only 7 reviews?? Then I saw, wait, I didn't review it either. So...this was the first mod I ever used, and I love it. It is simple and effective. I highly recommended this mod if you find early-game mining too tedious, or if you like to disassemble avian sacrifice towers (>6K blocks), apex labs, and USCM facilities you find, or otherwise gathering materials to build your dream mansion and apartment complex.
    1. noname2tellu
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the review, not many people review I'm guessing just because it is a small mod :P. That is fine with me.

Dismantling buildings and such was the main reason I made the mod :D. Speeding up the mining at the start was a factor too.
  9. xWither
    xWither
    5/5,
    Great mod. As most people would think this is pointless, I see it as a way to get past breaking a bunch of stuff in your creation when it has max upgrades. Good job! :)
  10. Autosleep
    Autosleep
    5/5,
    Thanks for the update. This mod is a must for me, I hate grinding, specially since I'm always starting a new character.

<3