1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Mining Tools + 0.3

Pickaxes and Drills get new versions that can mine 4 blocks at once instead of 3.

1. lornlynx
    Mining Tools +
    (v. upbeat Giraffe)
    This mod is outdated and won't be updated any more due to several reasons (unless by popular demand). Thank you all for feedback!
    forumicon.png
    Last Message: v0.3 Upbeat Giraffe Update! Stuff changed so read through!

Description:
    This is a balanced version of my height fitted mining tools mod. The difference is that in this mod here Pickaxes and Drills get new versions that can mine 4 blocks at once, instead of the usual 3 (or 2).
    + Tools cost 1 bar more for pickaxes and double the amount more for drills, as they are respectively stronger.

How it works:
    The mod only adds an additional version of all pickaxes (from copper and up) and all drills. The upgraded versions usually cost 1 resource (ore bars or diamonds) more for Pickaxes and double resources more for Drills. This is because pickaxes cost usually 2 resources and offer a 3 block-radius, and drills cost 6 resources and offer a 2 block-radius.

In short, the cost for the + tools is as following:
    Pickaxes:
    - copper pickaxe +
    3 copper bars
    - silver pickaxe +
    3 silver bars
    - gold pickaxe +
    3 gold bars
    - platinum pickaxe +
    3 platinum bars
    - diamond pickaxe +
    3 diamonds
    Drills:
    - copper drill +
    12 copper bars
    - silver drill +
    12 silver bars
    - gold drill +
    12 gold bars
    - platinum drill +
    12 platinum bars
    - diamond drill +
    12 diamonds

The balancing should be a lot better now, when building a + tool instead of a normal mining tool you effectively mine faster what you are paying additionally. 4-block drills are very fun :love:

You can build them as usual tools on either the anvil or the advanced working table!

Installation:
    Simply extract the file into your Starbound/giraffe_storage/mods/ folder, or put the MiningTools+.modpak file into your mods folder.

Preview:
    Default Pickaxe: http://gfycat.com/AgreeableSolidHummingbird
    Time for an Upgrade: http://gfycat.com/IllPassionateBigmouthbass
    Pickaxe +: http://gfycat.com/EsteemedAnchoredAlpaca

My other mods:
    forum_additional_mods.png forum_additional_mods.png forum_additional_mods.png forum_additional_mods.png

I hope you enjoy this little gimmick. If you have any suggestions or found any bugs, please tell me, I will gladly read them and consider their usefulness! Any criticism is also highly desired! HF!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Images

1. 2014-05-17_00001.jpg
    2. 2014-05-17_00002.jpg
    Lirius and Theogorath like this.

Recent Reviews

1. shinobi1027
    shinobi1027
    5/5,
    Version: 0.3
    Awsome
  2. AsmiSiddhah
    AsmiSiddhah
    5/5,
    Version: 0.3
    Thank you!
  3. lifenerfer
    lifenerfer
    3/5,
    Version: 0.2
    I can see the upgrade 4 bit drills but it will not let me make the 3 bit drills before the 4 bit
  4. zorro012
    zorro012
    5/5,
    Version: 0.1
    The mods is cool