1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated MiniKnog Scouting Vessel 1.0

Corvette class Apex Spaceship, with custom engine and hydroponics lab.

1. tiltos
    Say hello to the Miniknog Scouting vessel!

This is my second mod attempt, and what I'm currently using for my main character. The idea with this ship is that it's used for long range observation, with a larger engine to travel further, and a greenroom that makes it self-sufficient (food + oxygen).

It's a fair bit larger than the original vessel, but still of a size that fits with the lore.

There's also a hydroponics lab, that can be toiled to plant crops. It is effectively the same as dirt but reskinned to fit better on the ship. If you are playing multiplayer and the server does not have this mod, you will need to toil the blocks in singleplayer mode to use them, as they are a custom block type.

Special effort when into the engine sprite, I hope you like it!

Note that in populated screenshot, the engine isn't present - this is because I hadn't fixed the custom engine at that time, and don't want to delete my ship :p.

To use on an existing character, you will need to delete your .shipworld file in /Starbound/player

Feedback welcome!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Recent Reviews

1. Nina Gillespie
    Nina Gillespie
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Awesome design!
    Question: How can I use this for my glitch?
  2. Sandro11290
    Sandro11290
    5/5,
    The ship is awsome and the hydroponics deck adds something new that was not on any other ship.
  3. JesseKomm
    JesseKomm
    4/5,
    It has a really nice feel to it, and is large enough. However, while reading another review, I see there is a problem with the hydroponic blocks... I looked at the code and the fix is really easy. (Where the code says "itemdrop" you have the value set to "dirtmaterial" instead of "hydroponic")
  4. darkxjack
    darkxjack
    5/5,
    Great mod not much else to say that hasn't been. It would be nice to have similar ships for all the other races as well.
  5. browsebot
    browsebot
    5/5,
    This is the ship I am currently using. On of the best ship mods to date. Very simple layout that is easy to navigate with a decent amount of space. I am tweaking the design a bit, and ran into a major problem. I was removing the Ship Lights in the Hydroponics Lab to replace them with Fluorescent Lights, and I accidentally removed the Hydroponic Blocks on the floor. When I picked the Hydroponic Blocks up to put them back where they originally were, they turned into brown Dirt Blocks. How do I replace these Hydroponic Blocks? The Hydroponic Blocks appear to only take up one horizontal space, while the brown Dirt Blocks now take up two horizontal spaces.
    1. tiltos
      Author's Response
      I apologise, I haven't actually completed the hydroponic blocks entirely - that's why they drop dirt. I'll take a look into it tonight to see if I can fix it.
  6. Game³oid
    Game³oid
    5/5,
    Amazing
  7. oleire
    oleire
    5/5,
    Yes! It's what I'm looking. Big thanks and i give full rating.
  8. InfiniteEmbers
    InfiniteEmbers
    4/5,
    I've been trying to find a ship for a while. They're either too big for my liking or too square and plain. This ship however is the right size and has enough detail to add it's own personality. It's great! 4/5.
  9. Ladikan
    Ladikan
    4/5,
    Really nice mod. I love the increased size as well as the ship detail. The farming lab in the centre of the ship doesn't seem to fit in as much, maybe you could add a ship-like background behind the plant tiles to make it seem more artificial.
    1. tiltos
      Author's Response