This is a minor framework addition that contains a way to display a message on screen without using something like the Achievement box.
[Messages fade away after a few seconds, recommended: Small exact messages]
Only contains 1 Class which is ChatBox.
To use this mod to display you're own message in game like an Update message like shown in these screenshots
How to use the function:
Reference the ChatBox.dll (The Mod) File in your project and use
- KithisMods.ChatMod.ChatBox.receiveChatMessage("YOUR MESSAGE", "NAME", COLOUR);
- KithisMods.ChatMod.ChatBox.receiveChatMessage("YOUR MESSAGE", COLOUR);
To use default colour [Black] you just need to insert a message or a message with a name if you'd like that format.
- KithisMods.ChatMod.ChatBox.receiveChatMessage("YOUR MESSAGE");
- KithisMods.ChatMod.ChatBox.receiveChatMessage("YOUR MESSAGE", "NAME");
Best way to make use of this is to only call this if my mod exists and is loaded in SMAPI already.
Which can be done by checking:
and have that bound to a boolean variable;
- Type.GetType("KithisMods.ChatMod, ChatMod") != null
or in an if statement if it's only used at one location.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH OR PART OF THE CHESTSANYWHERE MOD BY PLETHOSCHILD. HIS MOD WAS USED AS AN EXAMPLE TO SHOWCASE
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Message Box [API?] 1.0
A nifty little message box for all your mods message needs!