1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Matter Manipulator Plus (new manipulators for each pickaxe tier) 1.3

Provides a full set of upgradable Mass Manipulators, in parallel to the normal pickaxes.

1. Skrypt
    Skrypt
    4/5,
    Version: 1.3
    Great Mod.

I noticed your matter manipulators don't destroy blocks at the same rate as their pickaxe equivalents.

I tweaked your mod a tad by modifying the fireRate for each type:
    - Stone) 0.112
    - Copper) 0.082
    - Silver) 0.06
    - Gold) 0.047
    - Platinum) 0.04
    - Diamond) 0.033

This was done in the spirit of making them equal to the pickaxes and decentivizing carrying pickaxes because they are a little faster (The entire premise of this mod correct?). Would like to see your official mod reflect this.

If we want to balance the power a bit, I'd suggest decreasing the fireRate depending on how far away the blocks you are trying to destroy. Ex:
    - Blocks right next to you = same rate as pickaxe
    - Each block farther away = 10% decrease in fireRate

Final note, I noticed that if a matter manipulator makes contact with a painted block (but without destroying it) it will remove its painted color. Is there a way we can prevent this from happening?

Awesome mod! Keep it up!
  2. yk999
    yk999
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3
    excellent