1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Matter Constructor 0.2.1

Use the magic of science to make resources out of nothing but pixels!

1. Xzereus
    MATTER CONSTRUCTOR
    v 0.2.1
    [​IMG]

Tired of having to go back to tier 1 worlds just to find iron? Tired of finding endless amounts of copper with no diamond in sight? Then this mod is for you!

HOW TO INSTALL
    1) Download the mod .pak
    2) Place the .pak in <Steam install>\giraffe_storage\mods

NEW CRAFTING STATION
    A tier 3 Matter Constructor has appeared! Amaze your friends with beautifully rendered graphics. May not work on some lower-end computers. (base image courtesy of Janna at opengameart.org, animated by me). It costs 6500px and 50 durasteel at a crafting station or robot crafting station. You can use it to convert pixels into matter.

AWESOME PIXEL TO MATTER CONVERSION
    5 pixels -> 1 coal
    10 pixels -> 1 plant fibre
    10 pixels -> 1 copper ore
    20 pixels -> 1 iron ore
    50 pixels -> 1 silver ore
    75 pixels -> 1 gold ore
    90 pixels -> 1 platinum ore
    100 pixels -> 1 titanium ore
    250 pixels -> 1 diamond ore
    150 pixels -> 1 aegisalt ore
    200 pixels -> 1 rubium ore
    250 pixels -> 1 violium ore

ADD YOUR OWN RECIPES TO THE CONSTRUCTOR
    Mod makers can add their own items to the constructor by creating a .recipe file similar to the following. Just replace 150 with the amount in pixels and 'aegisaltore' with the item name!
    Code:
    {
        "input" : [ { "item" : "money", "count" : 150 } ],
        "output" : { "item" : "aegisaltore", "count" : 1 },
        "groups" : [ "constructable" ]
    }
    Of course, you'll need to patch in the blueprint for it to show up since I don't know how to add recipes dynamically!

EXHAUSTIVELY TESTED
    Over 15 minutes of testing went into this mod.

PLANNED FEATURES

None... give me some ideas

CREDITS
    1) Janna at opengameart.org for the awesome base image
    2) Bert John for the help on an issue I was running into
    (http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?members/bert-john.242919/)
    3) Me for doing everything else

BUGS
    You: "OMG, OMG! THE MATTER CONSTRUCTOR ISN'T SHOWING UP!"
    Me: (Update: I made the recipes all tier 1 for now, so this shouldn't be an issue). This is only an issue on an existing character. If you have already unlocked tier 3 recipes, you'll need to do it again. Unfortunately, Starbound won't give you recipes for a given tier if you've already unlocked that tier. To fix this, just re-craft the mk3 upgrade and use it again. That should work. This will apply for the other tiered recipes that you make on the matter constructor (aegisalt, rubium, etc). You'll need to re-unlock those tiers for the recipes to show. New characters should be fine.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. betailas
    betailas
    5/5,
    Version: 0.2.1
    Nice mod!
  2. ZePianiZt
    ZePianiZt
    4/5,
    Version: 0.1.3
    Whenever i try to start starbound...an error apears , i take the mod fine out and it runs perfectly , need to fix that , but i like the main idea of your idea :D
    1. Xzereus
      Author's Response
      Not sure why I was stupid and released that last version without testing. Grab this version and it should work. Please re-review after that if you don't mind :)
  3. RustRedRobot
    RustRedRobot
    5/5,
    Version: 0.1.3
    Does what is supposed to do, and let's me skip the boring find more iron grind.
    1. Xzereus
      Author's Response
      Skipping the "find more iron" grind is why I made this mod ;)
  4. Dantprime
    Dantprime
    5/5,
    Version: 2014-02-08
    Extremely useful for higher tiers, I can finally use some of the piles of pixels I have laying around.
    1. Xzereus
      Author's Response
      I haven't tested this too much in higher tiers, so please let me know if you run into any issues or if it needs some balancing!