1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Material Recycler US[s] - Mod v. 0.08.1

Recycle materials into ore.

1. eLe
    Tired of filling up all of your containers with cobblestone? Collected enough dirt to make your own planet with enough left over for a good sized moon?
    Use the Material Recycler to turn all that useless stuff into useful ore.

Make it at an Iron Crafting Table with 1 Refinery, 20 Uranium Ore, and 20 Durasteel Bars.
    ss1.png ss2.png ss3.png
    Anything that is considered a material (except for liquids) can be recycled at a rate of 125-500 blocks for one ore (natural materials) or bar (construction materials), except in certain special cases (such as ice into water).

Material Types (tiers and what it recycles into)
    Item Types (basic tier and recycle info)
    Refinery Additions (mostly vanilla recipes)

To do:
    • Add ore/bar/crystal to refinery ([Material] to Recycler ==> [Ore/Bar] to Refinery ==> Pixels) {still needs code and how much each should give} Done
    • Balance output/[X] Material ==> [X] Item {still working on}
    • Tiered??? (maybe an upgrade to a recipe list/higher payout?) (Partially done)
    • Maybe add food?Add liquids/items (Partially Done)
    Kientero and PoeShmoe like this.

Recent Updates

1. Recipe removable
  2. Small changes
  3. Spirited Update

Recent Reviews

1. DiggleDugger
    DiggleDugger
    5/5,
    Version: US[s] - Mod v. 0.07
    Excellent mod; does what it says it does.

I could gripe about the mechanics of it all, but I won't do better myself.
  2. Alven
    Alven
    5/5,
    Version: UG[s] - Mod v. 0.06
    Cool!
  3. BecomeWeaker
    BecomeWeaker
    5/5,
    I can finally use all that dirt I got. It's useful if you ask me, good mod.
  4. Cryogeist
    Cryogeist
    5/5,
    A very useful mod. Some things are a bit out of balance in respect to material equivalence, though. For example, one cobblestone can make two cobblestone bricks. With this mod, you can exchange 250 cobble for 1 iron ore, but if you craft those same 250 cobble blocks into 500 cobblestone, you can exchange those 500 bricks for 4 iron bars, raising your iron output eightfold. Overall it isn't really overpowered, as it's only iron, but it doesn't really make sense either. I can't complain though, it provides me an excellent source of iron late-game, when planets don't really have iron anymore for some weird reason.

As for suggestions to make this mod even better, I'd say you're on the right track on your to-do list. Definitely go for the tier upgrades, as I said before, it's great source of late game iron, so a higher payout in regards to the more mundane material that you don't really come across later on would be great. Keep the exchange as is for the low tier recycler ( still balance out those bricks and anything else that might be a bit awry though ) and work your way up from there.

Again, great mod. 420/10 #Dank
    1. eLe
      Author's Response
      You bring up some very good points. To tell you the truth, I hadn't even considered that kind of inequality. I'll def have to go over all a the mat list with that in mind. c:
  5. IABUS3UDI
    IABUS3UDI
    5/5,
    Version: UG[s] - Mod v. 0.04.3
    better than mining so can i get platinum ?
    1. eLe
      Author's Response
      You can get platinum ore from direstone, an platinum bars from ancient platforms/blocks/bricks, smooth stone, rock bricks, and platinum blocks. It's 125 material ==> 1 ore/bar, except in the case of the platinum blocks, which require 250 blocks ==> 1 bar.
  6. yoshinatsu
    yoshinatsu
    5/5,
    Version: Beta v. Upbeat Giraffe
    Back to 5 stars after the latest update! : )
  7. uxlapogi
    uxlapogi
    5/5,
    Version: Beta v. Upbeat Giraffe
    Don't have the materials to further test it, but looks good so far. ^^