The Mantis are a proud insectoid race of paleontologists and explorers bent on unravelling the secrets of the universe. For generations they have documented their planet's history, dug up every speck of dirt, and scoured the land for fossils and lost relics. Their homeworld of Proximus lies in ruin, desecrated by the mantis' insatiable desire for knowledge. It has become tradition for mantis to venture into space when they come of age and explore to their heart's content. Their habits have caused them to develop a mad lust for amber—a decorative gemstone made from hardened resin known for its ability to preserve and fossilize exotic lifeforms. Ships clad in amber and eyes to the stars, the mantis embark on lifelong voyages in search of the unknown.
NEW SHIP / DESTROYED SHIP
NEW S.A.I.L. AI
NEW STARTER PISTOL
[No Up-To-Date Video Review Available]
[If you send me a review you've made I can upload it on this mod page!]
- Racial Crossover Mod Compatibility
- Custom Starter Clothing (3 unique sets)
- Custom Fedora and Pith Hat (all credit to Mr. Foxer and his mod)
- Unique Racial Flag (subject to change)
- 14 Antennae and 9 Mandible Choices
- Compatible with All Existing Armors
- Codex Entries and Lore
- Resinberry Crop:
- Decorative Amber Block (now cookable from resinberry in furnace)
- Insect Pain Sound
- Custom Name Generator
- Craftable Professor Coat (recolored scientist coat)
- Starter Weapon
To install, unzip the file and place the mantis folder inside your ../Starbound/giraffe_storage/mods directory.
Make sure to delete the old version in your mods folder before installing the latest version——DO NOT OVERWRITE.
If you're installing a new version from an old version, you might have to delete your previously made character and start a new one.
You must have a character extension mod like the one below for this race to work!
- Eye Shape in addition to More Eye Colors
- More Lines of Crops and Associated Foods
- Additional camouflage with unique patterns for each color (so far just floran colors).
- A large amount of new mandibles and hairstyles.
- Even more touch-ups to the ship.
- Additional Weapons.
- Archaeology/Bug Themed Armor Sets.
- Further compatibility with Racial Crossover Mod.
PLEASE RATE & REVIEW THIS MOD
I crave your feedback more than sliced bread. And I love sliced bread.
If you have any suggestions for the mod, I am ALWAYS LISTENING and open to ALL ideas. PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK, whether it's good or bad, you have no idea how much it helps because it's the only way I can correct any problems and improve this mod. I am really happy with the way this mod is turning out, and most of the progress I've made has been due to your help.
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Outdated Mantis Race 0.6.7 [Spirited Giraffe]
A race of paleontologist insects bent on unravelling the secrets of the universe.