1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Mantis Race 0.6.7 [Spirited Giraffe]

A race of paleontologist insects bent on unravelling the secrets of the universe.

1. Setrilo
    Fortune And Glory.png
    RandomGen.png
    THE MANTIS
    The Mantis are a proud insectoid race of paleontologists and explorers bent on unravelling the secrets of the universe. For generations they have documented their planet's history, dug up every speck of dirt, and scoured the land for fossils and lost relics. Their homeworld of Proximus lies in ruin, desecrated by the mantis' insatiable desire for knowledge. It has become tradition for mantis to venture into space when they come of age and explore to their heart's content. Their habits have caused them to develop a mad lust for amber—a decorative gemstone made from hardened resin known for its ability to preserve and fossilize exotic lifeforms. Ships clad in amber and eyes to the stars, the mantis embark on lifelong voyages in search of the unknown.

New Features.png
    NEW SHIP / DESTROYED SHIP
    NewSpaceship.png
    NEW S.A.I.L. AI
    MantisSAILop.gif
    NEW STARTER PISTOL
    Video Review.png
    [No Up-To-Date Video Review Available]
    [If you send me a review you've made I can upload it on this mod page!]

Includes.png
    PreviewSpears.png
    PreviewHammers.png
    PreviewShortswords.png
    MantisRespawn.gif
    • Racial Crossover Mod Compatibility
    • Custom Starter Clothing (3 unique sets)
    • Custom Fedora and Pith Hat (all credit to Mr. Foxer and his mod)
    • Unique Racial Flag (subject to change)
    • 14 Antennae and 9 Mandible Choices
    • Compatible with All Existing Armors
    • Codex Entries and Lore
    • Resinberry Crop: resinberryicon.png resinberryseed.png resinberryseedicon.png resinberryjam.png
    • Decorative Amber Block (now cookable from resinberry in furnace)
    • Insect Pain Sound
    • Custom Name Generator
    • Craftable Professor Coat (recolored scientist coat)
    • Starter Weapon
    Installation.png

To install, unzip the file and place the mantis folder inside your ../Starbound/giraffe_storage/mods directory.

Make sure to delete the old version in your mods folder before installing the latest version——DO NOT OVERWRITE.

If you're installing a new version from an old version, you might have to delete your previously made character and start a new one.

You must have a character extension mod like the one below for this race to work!
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/small-extended-race-selection.2492/

What's Next.png
    • Eye Shape in addition to More Eye Colors
    • More Lines of Crops and Associated Foods
    • Additional camouflage with unique patterns for each color (so far just floran colors).
    • A large amount of new mandibles and hairstyles.
    • Even more touch-ups to the ship.
    • Additional Weapons.
    • Archaeology/Bug Themed Armor Sets.
    • Further compatibility with Racial Crossover Mod.

PLEASE RATE & REVIEW THIS MOD
    I crave your feedback more than sliced bread. And I love sliced bread.

If you have any suggestions for the mod, I am ALWAYS LISTENING and open to ALL ideas. PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK, whether it's good or bad, you have no idea how much it helps because it's the only way I can correct any problems and improve this mod. I am really happy with the way this mod is turning out, and most of the progress I've made has been due to your help.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. TheGuyThatAteTheHat
    TheGuyThatAteTheHat
    4/5,
    Version: 0.6.7 [Spirited Giraffe]
    I've seen many videos and reviews of this mod, and I'd love to play with it, myself. If you could update this mod to fit the 1.0 update, that'd be great. I don't know if you abandoned it or not, but I'm sure the mod would do great if it was updated. :D
  2. Heriol
    Heriol
    5/5,
    Awesome mod! Loved it!
  3. astrowalrus
    astrowalrus
    5/5,
    Probably my favorite race. Its a unique and super fun take on insectoids! Plus they are mantids. What isn't to love about those beautiful sentinels of our earthly gardens?
  4. BloodyAngel
    BloodyAngel
    5/5,
    I enjoy this mod, i would like to see more insectiods in the game :)
  5. Gaws Oloy 3125
    Gaws Oloy 3125
    5/5,
    Great mod dude, you deserve more that this. :)
    1. Setrilo
      Author's Response
      Thanks man! Hearing feedback from you guys means so much, you have no idea. A whole bunch of new weapons and armor is on its way so keep checking for more!
  6. FuryMan007
    FuryMan007
    5/5,
    Version: 0.6.6 [Upbeat Giraffe]
    This mod has its own weapons and armor right?
    1. Setrilo
      Author's Response
      As of RIGHT NOW, it has a decent amount of weapons (which need better names) and no armor. However, I've just partnered up with someone who is going to help me work on armor in the near future.
  7. Pavel3245
    Pavel3245
    5/5,
    Cool
  8. bananaguy!
    bananaguy!
    5/5,
    Awesome!
  9. thescarekrow2000
    thescarekrow2000
    5/5,
    i realy like the race, good design and good lore.
    but one question, can i spawn in the resinberrys with the /spawnitem command/ where do i find ressinberrys1
  10. SigmaMinus
    SigmaMinus
    5/5,
    Some missing content aside, this is my favorite race mod currently for Upbeat Giraffe. Keep it up! :D
    1. Setrilo
      Author's Response
      Thanks so much for reviewing! I know there's still a lot to get done, but I'm working hard whenever I get the chance.