THIS IS AN EARLY RELEASE. There WILL be bugs and crashes. You have been warned.
This is only meant as a temporary solution, until official multiplayer comes out. So I may ignore some minor bugs/discrepancies.
This is 'co-op' mode. Pretty much everything is shared, including your wallet. Your inventory, skills, etc. and house are separate though.
Festival functionality is unknown.
- Load your file like normal. A pop-up comes up, asking whether you want to be host, client, or play singleplayer.
- For hosting, you are asked a port number in another popup. The game 'freezes', waiting for clients to connect. Whenever someone else connects you will be told how many other players there are, and asked if you want to start. Pressing no will wait for another player, yes will go ahead and start.
- For being a client, you will be asked an IP and port number. Once connected, the game 'freezes' until the host starts the game.
- Load your file, and the UI for picking the mode comes up. The host can see when everyone connects and start the game. The clients are stuck on the loading screen until the game starts.
- If you choose singleplayer, nothing changes aside from being able to open the chat menu.
- Chat is accessed by pressing ENTER.
- Everyone must sleep for the next day to be reached.
This is a SMAPI mod. I haven't tested many other mods with it. Chest Labels and NPC Map Locations work, but I don't know what else will. It'd probably be best to stick with smaller mods until this is more stable.
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Do not include this mod in compilations.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Makeshift Multiplayer 0.3.7
A temporary solution.
- Updated for SMAPI 2.0. Oct 13, 2017
- More bugfixes. May 29, 2017
- Even more bugfixes. May 23, 2017