1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Makeshift Multiplayer 0.3.7

A temporary solution.

Tags:
  1. spacechase0
    DISCONTINUED

THIS IS AN EARLY RELEASE. There WILL be bugs and crashes. You have been warned.

[​IMG]

This is only meant as a temporary solution, until official multiplayer comes out. So I may ignore some minor bugs/discrepancies.

This is 'co-op' mode. Pretty much everything is shared, including your wallet. Your inventory, skills, etc. and house are separate though.

Usage
    • Load your file like normal. A pop-up comes up, asking whether you want to be host, client, or play singleplayer.
    • For hosting, you are asked a port number in another popup. The game 'freezes', waiting for clients to connect. Whenever someone else connects you will be told how many other players there are, and asked if you want to start. Pressing no will wait for another player, yes will go ahead and start.
    • For being a client, you will be asked an IP and port number. Once connected, the game 'freezes' until the host starts the game.
    • Load your file, and the UI for picking the mode comes up. The host can see when everyone connects and start the game. The clients are stuck on the loading screen until the game starts.
    • If you choose singleplayer, nothing changes aside from being able to open the chat menu.
    • Chat is accessed by pressing ENTER.
    • Everyone must sleep for the next day to be reached.
    Festival functionality is unknown.

This is a SMAPI mod. I haven't tested many other mods with it. Chest Labels and NPC Map Locations work, but I don't know what else will. It'd probably be best to stick with smaller mods until this is more stable.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Do not include this mod in compilations.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.
    Sabathiel, AllenSalar and foghorn like this.

Recent Updates

1. Updated for SMAPI 2.0.
  2. More bugfixes.
  3. Even more bugfixes.

Recent Reviews

1. RinWorld
    RinWorld
    4/5,
    Version: 0.3.4
    problem to connect
  2. LQTdjd
    LQTdjd
    5/5,
    Version: 0.2.10
    Oh,i like it,very good
  3. Bifibi
    Bifibi
    5/5,
    Works great. Events are only working for Host, but that's fine. Client just goes to the "sleep" dialog, and after the event says yes. No crashes yet.
  4. Guy-
    Guy-
    5/5,
    The latest update for this mod has greatly improved on the old features, load times have been cut down drastically, there's less lag, and virtually no crashes.
    Thank you for taking the time to make this happen!
  5. KizuOrama
    KizuOrama
    5/5,
    Version: 0.2.9
    I haved the 2.7, mostly, and while hosting a 3 person multiplayer, i'm adding this for the Festival funtionality part, I've had issues where one person is usually tossed into the void and can't attend the festival, I hope that its fixed in this and or upcoming ones.
  6. arthurtc30
    arthurtc30
    5/5,
    Version: 0.1.9
    cool