1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Macrochip and Logic Upgrades V4.11

Virtual Circuitry

Tags:
  1. Fix!

Storm_UK
    Somehow removed a call to the function that updates all the macrochips nodes and remote outputs... they now work again. Sorry folks!
  2. Encoders and Decoders

Storm_UK
    Added
    • 4-bit and 8-bit (Bi-directional Universal) Shift Registers
    • 2-to-4, 3-to-8, and 4-to-16 Decoders
    • 4-to-2, 8-to-4, and 16-to-4 (Priority) Encoders
    • An alternate IEC component icon style from...
    Solzucht likes this.
  3. Circuit calculation recalculated!

Storm_UK
    My previous method of prioritizing components in a macrochip circuit for calculation has been removed - I've come to the conclusion that I was vastly overthinking things!

Now, all components first calculate what their output should be, then simultaneously change to that output. Circuits run much smoother. Loops back look to function as expected.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the result. Hope it works well for you out there too!
    Solzucht and Fevix like this.
  4. Fix for older chips

Storm_UK
    Older placed macrochips were not updating themselves to allow the added reskin option. This should fix those.

(Note: Last two update versions were actually 2.3 - 2.32 not 2.7 - 2.72)
    Solzucht likes this.
  5. A quick service

Storm_UK
    Macrochip Workstation modified a little (no need to select the 'Current Circuit')

New 'Service Hatch' skin for the macrochips.
    Solzucht likes this.
  6. Macrochip Workstation / Options

Storm_UK
    Added
    macrochipworkstationpic.png
    • Options menu - Allows you to name/rename Macrochip circuits, set the Wizard on/off, hide, camoflague or change the skin of your macrochips (currently standard and foundy skins available.)
    • Macrochip Workstation - Holds up to 20 circuits uploaded from inserted macrochips. Allows you to...
    Sparksol likes this.
  7. v2.26 - remote input nodes

Storm_UK
    Remote input nodes kept telling macrochips their name, but macrochips didn't listen. Macrochips have been told to take notice now.

(or at least, mostly listen... found another error, which I've fixed and should be the end of this next time I update!)
  8. v2.25 - calling the virtual electrician

Storm_UK
    Bug fixin'

Hopefully this update will clear the recent issues with wiring. I've added some script bits to try and clear any malfunctioning wires when you open their console, though If any macrochips are still misbehaving then you will have to replace them.
  9. Megamacrochips, actually.

Storm_UK
    Added
    • Megamacrochip recipe added, so you can actually manufacture them from the Wiring Station now.
    • Countdown Timer component for macrochips.
    Solzucht likes this.
  10. Bug fixes

Storm_UK
    Some bug fixing for wiring. After closing/reopening a macrochip, deleting wires/components would likely cause a crash. That should have stopped.
    Solzucht likes this.