1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Lopunny Improvements 1.41 (CG)

Hip hop hooray! Ho! Hey! Ho!

1. Mackinz
    [​IMG]

Being a loyal Pokemon fan, I am glad that there are people who make mods that add Pokemon into Starbound. Two of the best mods belong to Ochiru Yuki, the Lucario and Lopunny race mods. Very popular mods, with thousands of downloads. Of the two Pokemon, I vastly prefer Lopunny - and Ochiru's rendition of the bunny does not sit right with me.

So, I did something about it. Not to rag on Ochiru, but the faces he designed did not look like a Lopunny, so I changed them. Here's a comparison between the sprites:
    [​IMG]
    Not shown: They also now have an animated, bouncy tail while walking and a full set of custom emotes!

I also made some changes to the character creation of the Lopunny - now, both ear and body fluff are selected by the same arrow. The other arrow now changes your characters eye colors. And I changed the bright red fluff option to a pink because I really did not enjoy the random bright red color being an option. I also added a good random name generator! No more repetition!

In addition, I fixed an issue with the original mod and sprited a custom Lopunny tech screen image:

[​IMG]

Like all vanilla races, it changes colors as you unlock and equip nanosuit techs!

I also polished the Lopunny codices quite a bit. Give them a read,

Speaking of issues in the Lopunny mod, I also changed the recipes available to the Lopunny such that you can now craft tier 5 Human armors. Speaking of human armors, the Lopunny now have their own set of certain human helmets, to accomodate their large ears... as well as a Cowboy Hat.

And... that's it, more or less. There may be a few more things I want to change in the Lopunny race mod, but this is enough for now.

Also, if you are interested in having a larger, customized ship as a Lopunny, I recommend getting the Logistics Frigate Reborn - Custom Race Support mod! When it's updated!

Installation, Bug Reports and Suggestions

Humans are not perfect. We can overlook many things. That is why this section is necessary,

Installing Lopunny Improvements:

1. Navigate to your \Starbound\mods\ folder, usually found within \Steam\steamapps\common\
    2. Download the ZIP file associated with this mod.
    3. Open the ZIP file with a program like 7Zip.
    4. Drag the "Lopunny Improvements - CG - 1.3" folder (or similar) into your mods folder.
    5. Play Starbound.

Reporting Issues:

Always post your issues IN THE DISCUSSION THREAD. I am very attentive, and I will always respond to an issue posted in the Discussion thread.

Regarding game crashing: Error pop-ups tell modders nothing about how to solve any issue you may come across. A basic guide to reporting errors is here. I WILL need to see your log file before I can help you. Capisce?

Other issues: If your issue is not crash-related, but something more along the lines of "this can't be crafted" or "I get Perfectly Generic Items from doing this", I may need to see your log file as well - but it's more important that you post in the Discussion thread on the matter.

Suggestions:

Please leave suggestions in the related Discussion thread. I will respond to them with my thoughts there - however, suggestions are also valid if included within a mod review.

Other Miscellaneous Things

• Thanks to Ochiru Yuki for creating the original Lopunny mod.
    • Thanks to Chucklefish for making Starbound.
    • Thanks to You for playing Starbound!
    If, in the event that this mod is rendered incompatible with the latest version of Starbound and I have made no mention of updating it, please attempt to contact me - if I do not respond in a day, then you have my permission to update and take over this mod until I return.

DO NOT REPORT ERRORS OR BUGS IN THE REVIEW SECTION OF THIS MOD. THERE IS A DISCUSSION THREAD FOR THOSE KINDS OF THINGS.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Reviews

1. Alpa Aoi
    Alpa Aoi
    5/5,
    Version: 1.41 (CG)
    Good Mod!
  2. julio1994
    julio1994
    5/5,
    I love this mod is so cute ♥
  3. Sgarts
    Sgarts
    5/5,
    nice
  4. Darkblane257
    Darkblane257
    5/5,
    Keep up the awesome work! <)
  5. Tactical_spyro
    Tactical_spyro
    5/5,
    pretty gr8 mod, mind if you update it? i would like to see it in 1.3
  6. NicoTheSerperior
    NicoTheSerperior
    5/5,
    I'm giving this mod a 5 out of 5 due to the fact that I can't find a single thing wrong with it.
    Lopunnies+Starbound= Yes.
  7. DrPvtSkittles
    DrPvtSkittles
    5/5,
    I love the face change. xD
  8. Daipingan
    Daipingan
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3 (CG)
    Lovely pokebuns, but can I ask why you decided to make the sclera white rather than black, like it is on the original pokemon design?
    1. Mackinz
      Author's Response
      To contrast the iris and bring it in line with the original mod. However, if you could suggest a way to have both black sclera and a black iris and not look too bad, I'd be happy to create a variant option for you and any other interested parties.
  9. Natural Aura
    Natural Aura
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3 (CG)
    You did a wonderful job implementing and improving Lopunny into the game! It's awesome the amount of devotion and time you've put into Lopunny. This character might just be my #1 character to play as in SB! :D

Job well done! (Now that it's a standalone mod, it may confuse users that having the original lopunny race mod will cause CTD... yeah, perhaps I should've read the update notes first!) xD
  10. CJXXxxUnknown
    CJXXxxUnknown
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2 (PG)
    Perfecting what was already my favorite race mod, Lopunny is now made to look more like a Lopunny! :) 5/5!