1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Lombax Race Redux 1.9

Inserts the Lombax race from Ratchet and Clank into Starbound

1. AlisterAzimuth
    Explore the cosmos as a Lombax! A revival mod based on DrLicori's Lombax Race, previously compatible with the Furious Koala build of Starbound

Version Includes:
    New Race
    Ship Pet Orbis, with various colorations
    Custom Ship, layout generously provided by flogenos on Steam/Chucklefish Forums!
    Wrenches
    Custom Race Clothing

The following was added and polished by the incredible Xenomind, author of the Irken race mod!
    Improved Spritework!
    Custom Ship AI (It's ya boi Clank!)
    Weapons!
    Armor!
    Grummelnet, Gadgetron, and Megacorp vendors!
    Bolts!
    Tenants!
    Generated Lombax NPCs!
    Raritanium, located on asteroids accessible by mech!

Please subscribe to Xeno's Irken race mod, as if it weren't for them, this mod would've never had a great overhaul! https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=919110722

For those that want their female Lombaxes without a tail, download the child mod Lose That Tail!: http://www.mediafire.com/file/u9c2y9tn3aafjg7
    For those that want a slightly different look to their Lombax faces, download the child mod Alternate Lombax Faces: http://www.mediafire.com/file/gwrnfjlmox4svv0
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. Lightning Wing
    Lightning Wing
    4/5,
    Version: 1.9
    This is a pretty good mod. I do have some constructive criticisms and suggestion. For starters I feel like some of the Omniwrenches you can get should be significantly stronger like some of the vanilla weapons in the game, the last two you can build are actually the same strength and they aren't even that strong. Also since Rift Apart is finally out maybe a hammer like Rivets could be added as an additional option for melee weapons you can make with the Omniwrenches. I also know that adding them as "shortswords" makes sense to make them work like how they do in game but the sword sound effects kind of make it weird, if a smack sound effect (like with actual hammers) could be added to these specific weapons (assuming it's possible) then they'd be all set. Next there should be some kind of Lombax settlements you can come across (I've only ever encountered Lombax bandits) so you can do quests and possibly recruit some of them as crew members. Maybe this mod can also include a fluffy tail option like Rivets or even include an additional robot race or more Glitch parts. Another idea is possibly adding lore books that tell how the Lombax's escaped to the Starbound universe to get away from Percival Tachyon, and made contact with the Terrain Protectorate. The only other thing I can think of is to update the ship to look more like an actual Lombax ship. The game Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction can be used as a reference for the ship and Lombax settlements since you do visit the Lombax home world in that game. I really do like this mod and see potential in it. I hope it gets updates in the future.