1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Lightdrones Continued 4.0.0a (Upbeat or Higher)

The amazing mod Lightdrones by Synit, Continued Officially!

1. StarMix69
    StarMix69
    5/5,
    Version: 4.0.0a (Upbeat or Higher)
    Update pls!
  2. GoldenstarArtist
    GoldenstarArtist
    5/5,
    Version: 4.0.0a (Upbeat or Higher)
    The healing drones are a little over powered, as we needed to Nerf them a bit on our severs; but other wise these are a great add to anyone's mod list! I wouldn't mind seeing more styles of them in the future too!
  3. Preacher
    Preacher
    4/5,
    Version: 4.0.0a (Upbeat Giraffe)
    I like it, but It really bothers me, that the animation only runs when you walk.. wouldnt be too bad with a other animation, but this animation really requires the "particles" to fly around and when you stand still it looks kinda dumb when the drone just freezes :-/
    1. JellyBlade
      Author's Response
      Yeah, unfortunately, due to the limatations of the engine, idle animations are not possible on backitems (correct me if i'm wrong :P). If this were possible, I would definitely add it, though!
  4. Old_Crazy_Gamer
    Old_Crazy_Gamer
    5/5,
    The Mod does exactly what it states it does and i have found that works really well to replace several items i would have to carry around (heals, light source) and it frees up several spaces in my inventory or equipment bar. I just carry both types and a major heal item and my weapons and thats it.

I especially like the idea that it can be crafted with starting mats in the beginning once the player gets a iron crafting table. The mats can be found very easy in the starting system(s).
  5. Zooted_be_i
    Zooted_be_i
    1/5,
    there's no drone work shop in any workbench
    1. JellyBlade
      Author's Response
      Make sure your version isn't the light edition, look in the crafting table, iron crafting table, or robotic crafting table, it should be in one of those. If you cannot find it, spawn it in with /spawnitem droneworkshop. Use /admin first to gain admin powers, or try a different version of the mod, and also make sure it's actually installed. That's about all of the troubleshooting steps I can think of.
  6. neon_xeon
    neon_xeon
    5/5,
    Very helpful indeed
  7. Albussystems
    Albussystems
    5/5,
    Very well done mod!
    Helpfull like crazy and thank you soo much for including drones with shadows!!! :)
  8. sayter
    sayter
    5/5,
    useful as always. Does exactly what it should, exactly how it should do it :) Helps me a lot while developing FrackinUniverse :)
  9. yoshinatsu
    yoshinatsu
    5/5,
    Thanks for making the Lite version, I prefer that :)
  10. Synit
    Synit
    5/5,
    Version: 3.1.2 (Upbeat Giraffe)
    Fantastic Job on keeping my mod alive, even though i was unable to do so! I hope you do great things with it! And i will definitely keep playing with it as well! Sincerely Synit.
  11. DrTarte
    DrTarte
    5/5,
    love the mod. extremely useful and well balanced. finally, some way to make the back slot useful besides a lamp or a big flower.
  12. FuNiOnZ
    FuNiOnZ
    5/5,
    Great mod, a mandatory part of my Starbound experience. Hopefully CF allows backpack items to be animated so we can make them animated ^_^
  13. ness87
    ness87
    5/5,
    First, thanks to continue this mod, and second, we can craft medical drone now?
    1. JellyBlade
      Author's Response
      Should be able to, yeah.
  14. Zero127
    Zero127
    5/5,
    I'm going to throw out 5 stars because this mod has always been a mandatory part of my Starbound. I am super grateful for the mod. I do feel some of the healing is a bit overpowered and as previous comments suggest- I shall PM you with my thoughts on this. Thanks for your hard work and a great mod! Highly recommended!
    1. JellyBlade
      Author's Response
      Yeah... I kind of just realized how overpowered the medical drones are... i'm just wondering if I should increase crafting costs, or reduce healing ability.
  15. Keridan
    Keridan
    5/5,
    Version: 3.1.1 (Upbeat Giraffe)
    Seriously a wonderful mod, especially with how the Lantern Stick got nerfed to such a pathetic degree. The top tier lightdrone seriously makes mining so much more fun, as now I don't have to place torches every few steps just to see where I'm mining.

I know you're not quite finished updating the Medical Drones to the top tier, but I gotta ask, will there be possibly more drone types added in the future? I could see a lot of variety of drones; mining drones that help you dig faster, battle drones that help you damage enemies, energy drones which helps recover energy quicker or makes energy attacks take less energy per upgrade. Calming drones which makes aggressive enemies not attack you on sight, which would make it a lot easier to gather stuff for the 3D printer if an area is giving you trouble. Crafting/Smithing drones, which helps give you portable access to different forms of crafting while you're one the move! There's a lot of possibilities to go with, and it would be interesting to see them explored.

Of course though, I understand if you don't want to go much farther than just giving extra light. It does that excellently enough, without it being too overpowering of a radius. Plus I'd definitely understand if you simply don't have the time to add so many different drone types.

In any case, really great mod, really makes mining more enjoyable!
    1. JellyBlade
      Author's Response
      I actually am adding more drones in the next update, whenever that happens. Specifically a two or three-tiered attack drone, and maybe a three-tiered energy regent drone, along with some potential crafting changes.

Ty only issue with some of the drones you suggested is that, I'm not entirely sure starbound's engine supports stuff like that. IIRC, its impossible to make an item a right-click crafting table, and I'm not sure how an arm or would allow you to craft things. The creature-pacifier idea sounds interesting, but, like I said before, not entirely sure if that is even possible.

But other than that, the other ideas sound great!
  16. northpm
    northpm
    5/5,
    Version: 3.1.0 (Upbeat Giraffe)
    I too have been waiting for this mod to be updated. Thanks for bringing this great mod back to life!
  17. Dekadrachm
    Dekadrachm
    5/5,
    Good job, I can also see you got a spriter lol, people like that are hard to find. Anyways I like the mod there is real potential. Do your best and never give up. Good work to your sprite artist too. :)
  18. TrueEdge
    TrueEdge
    5/5,
    I can see clearly now the dark is gone :D
  19. carlosmarte23
    carlosmarte23
    5/5,
    Excellent Mod, very useful and for me a must have.
  20. Kagnesti
    Kagnesti
    5/5,
    Version: 3.0.1
    really good mod with both the light drone and the medical drone. the only thing i would like to see is the medical drone being able to get at least one upgraded version that produces more light.
    1. JellyBlade
      Author's Response
      *cough cough* that's in the next update that should be coming VERY soon, potentially today, just working out some kinks involving animations *cough cough*