Kobolds In Space
a race mod by @CaptainKobold and @Bucketlamp
Kobolds have a long, varied history as weak little beasts who at best provide short times of amusement for angry heroes. One offshoot of this mythos is the "cutebold" from the very excellent game Dwarf Fortress. These specific 'bolds are daring, adorable, and terribly useless in all manner of situations.
This mod aims to capture the role of a primitive, unintelligent kobold who has abruptly ended up in the stars. Your kobold will lack for advanced knowledge, create inferior equipment, and just generally be less suited for the adventuring life. This will create an added challenge with the extra benefit of adorable little kobolds.
On the plus side, they have the gods and spirits behind them. Sacrifice metals to the dark god Arrengee to get animal spirits that will buff you of improve your equipment!
Changelog for Version 0.6
- Customizable Kobolds (6 colors, 4 ears, 3 warpaints in 4 colors)!
- Pray to the dark god Arrengee for animal spirits to make special salves granting their strength!
- Named, Randomly Generated powered by the spirits!
- Currently Available: Tier 1 Wolf Broadsword (hunting) and Tier 2 Snake Spear (poisoned)
- Four sets of kobold specific starter clothes!
- Unique crops!
- Extra new item for the exceptionally well dressed kobold!
- Rewritten introductory codex entries and 3 concurrent quest lines!
- Rapidly growing collection of codexes and lore!
- No matter manipulator! Get by with an axe instead!
- Monsters drop bones when hunting!
- Tier 0.5 (bone armor), Tier 1, and Tier 2 armor!
- Custom name-gen!
- Kobold villages with 4 NPC types!
- Compatible with the Racial Crossover Mod!
- Fluffy Wamblers of All Kinds of Colors!
Complete Changelog and Upcoming Features/Requests
- Wolf Spirit Changes
- Added tier 1 wolf swords. These are craftable using wolf spirits, replacement for dog spirits with radically improved image. Currently there is only one handle and blade, but these ARE randomly generated weapons with their own unique name pool which may be expanded with time.
- Added wolf helmet (currently set to tier 3 helmet)
- Added Wolf Callers: Lost Sons codex (to villages)
- -Village Changes
- Added snake temple (along with a new snake shaman)
- Added a couple of extra kobold lines
- Rebalanced some treasures
- Added Forlorn codexes 1 & 2
- -Minor Changes
- Actually made Forlorn armor craftable.
- Added a couple of extra kobold lines.
Available as a freely editable Google doc here.
Download your kobolds!
Open the file!
Extract the folder: "kobolds" to your "..\starbound\mods" library
Run the game
I believe that this will require either the XBawks Character Creator or the Simple Extended Character Mod to play.
@Bucketlamp has been amazing with creating tons of sprites!
@Kel^ 's Starstructor program and help with settlements!
@Smiley 's gambling chests were modified to make the altar!
@MrMagical's dyeing buckets were modified to make the spirit anvil!
The folks at the Racial Crossover Mod provide constant inspiration!
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Outdated Kobold Race v0.1 Giraffe Like Kobold
A savage race of unintelligent, but adorable kobolds.