NOTE: For some reason this site always gives me issues, the last version I made is still in the Iron-age update. Use that if you want to update my mod.
Considering the Nexus is usually more stable, I think I will just upload the new updates there. But I will note them here.
Thank you for the nice review.
Kitsune are humanoid foxes from the same world that the Hylotl live on (except they live on land). They are a clever, fun-loving race that loves food and drink, especially Sake and Onigiri. They are religious, worshipping the Great Fox Spirit, but they are not as uptight as the Hylotl are. Many of them like to gamble as well, and will look to their goddess before betting or playing cards and whatnot.
Currently with this race mod you get:
* A working tail animation (it's *kinda* glitchy, but not terribly so).
* A yukata and kimono outfit based on Lissar's Kimonos (needs some work) - girls get a short-skirt version.
* Different hairstyles (14 f, 7 m).
* Hair accessories use the undy colour.
* Invisible hat.
* Undies, because why do humans only get them? lol
* You get a starter sword called a shinai (japanese bamboo sword).
* Full set of tiered katana (broadswords).
* A hunting knife.
* Custom codex.
* Custom starter quest text.
* Male/Female buttons (for sex selection).
* A kitsune-specific ship (wip): the KSS Trickster.
Coming as soon as I can make them/shoehorn them into the mod:
* A harisen - because who doesn't want to smack their enemies into submission with a paper fan?
* Kitsune/Hylotl specific food - I actually have this done, its just making it all work. >.>
* Custom respawn - I was given the idea for what I want to do, I just need to make it.
* Kitsune-specific items such as a spawner and a holo kitsune, perhaps a sake-still if can figure out how to make one.
Things to note:
* Using human respawn animation (for now).
If you have any suggestions for things for me to add, or you want to make something to go along with the race, please feel free.
* This mod requires the character creation mod... it will not work without it... unless you stuff in a chargen config file in the appropriate place.
* Kitsune have found their way to the Nexus, and will be colonizing there as well.
Thank you and Credits:
Lissar for the kimonos mod so I could learn how to make clothes.
Kawa for the Felin species, because that's what I used as a base to learn how to make mine.
Tiltos for the use of their sprites and using the Mini-kong Scout Vessel as a base.
Madosuki for the use of the Haruhi Suzumiya hairstyle.
RyuujinZERO for the screenie of the Kitsune.
My testers Diesel Fox and Shiori, and GoldenFlame.
Crefftwr for the respawn idea.
Guky for fixing the chargen icons.
The friendly people in ##starbound-modding for looking through my code when I needed help.
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Outdated Kitsune Fossilized Kitsune
KITSUNEEEEE IN SPAAAAAAAAAACE!!!