1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Kingdom Hearts Keyblades 1.3

Adds new weapons, enemies, and worlds

1. PrinceTBug
    May your heart be your guiding Key...

This mod adds new weapons, enemies, clothing, and a new outpost-like world! All with the theming of Kingdom Hearts.

To get started, you'll want to find a Moogle shop or create a remote one.

The latter can be crafted at the tier 3 Inventors Table:
    upload_2021-4-10_1-46-2.png
    Perfect if you've already progressed very far in the game and just want to check out the cool new weapons and stuff.

Alternatively...

You can begin the search! Sometimes, when wandering underground strange doors will appear, similar to how Challenge Doors do.
    upload_2021-4-10_2-9-43.png
    Through there is a new world with a Moogle Shop and some other neat stuff. Don't forget to bookmark the teleporter before you leave!
    there is an odd secret or two in this place as well but I won't spoil it

Canon Keyblades available:

Kingdom Key
    Kingdom Key D
    Rainfell
    Earthshaker
    Wayward Wind
    Flame Liberator
    Metal Chocobo
    Star Seeker
    StarLight
    Lift Gear/Rage Gear

Original Keyblades:

Perfectly Generic Weapon
    Golden Chocobo
    9 different Choice-based keyblades and their gear forms (I guess this one is semi-canon?)
    Lift Gear(s) / Lift Gear(s)+
    Ancient Gear(s)

Monsters / Heartless:

shadetop (heartless poptop)
    shadow / alt colour
    watcher / alt colour
    guardian
    destroyer
    possessor
    large possessor
    knight head
    Trifangle heartless

If anyone's interested, myself and a few friends stream Starbound with this mod installed every Friday and Saturday night, if you want to see it in action. The server we play on is open for anyone to join too, so come stop by if that sounds like your cup of tea!
    We go live at: twitch.tv/noireccentric

THIS IS NOT THE FINAL RELEASE!
    Yes, I do plan to continue working on this mod. At least for a while. There's still a lot I have planned. Including but not limited to:

more Keyblades and their chains

more Gears for individual keyblades

missions / levels designed for said gummi ships or a mech

more worlds, (some inspired by the ones in the games or completely new ones) with their own quests

more secrets to find in TraverseTown

hopefully a second story alongside the vanilla game that revolves around the new stuff

^^with this addition, an option to start the game in TraverseTown

Moogle sprites taken from Final Fantasy VI
    "Dive to the Heart" and "Traverse Town" used from Kingdom Hearts
    Credit to Boze Hendrik on Steam for the vehicle framework used to make the Gummi ship. Their work can be found here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1102394541
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. Xena_Pendragon
    Xena_Pendragon
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.5
    Very good mod,
    but i can't fly my gummy and my captured guardian heartless not attacking hostile creature, is this a bug or what, ?
    1. PrinceTBug
      Author's Response
      first of all, thank you so much! really glad to see that it's appreciated.

As for the guardian heartless, yes that's a bug more or less that I have yet to fix and don't really foresee fixing very soon. Unfortunately, due to the way the guardians track enemies, they have to be attacked first before they attack (unless their target is a player).

Also, could you elaborate on the issue with your gummi ship?
      First thing I would try is just making sure you hit E with your cursor on the cockpit/ very back of the ship. There are 3 spots in the ship: One for you the driver, and 2 more for your crew members to get in. They're close together so it's a bit awkward.
      If you have other mods like FU or something installed, that might cause issues as well. Let me know. Hope this helps!
  2. Dorkasaurus
    Dorkasaurus
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.0
    Great start of a fun and immersive Kingdom Hearts addition to starbound. Keyblades feel great to use and having a blast with new movement options