1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Kineptic Race Mod 12-22-2015

Magician Space Cats

1. Furniture in all the colors of the Nyan Cat

Quilavabom
    It is time for an update! Before I post the changelog, though, I have a question. I have a nightly build version for the magic space kitties. If you are interested in it, please post in the discussion thread letting me know! There's so much stuff in there that the kineptic would benefit from such as staves and some of the new projectile properties, and I'm eager to continue work on it--but I'll only pursue it if there's enough demand for it!

So, moving right along, here's what you have to look forward to:
    • Most furniture is now dyable with the dye mod
    • Added two new food items
    • Added armor* in the same style as avali armor: it is invisible and meant to be covered by vanity; this is merely so you can get high-tier armor without having to get help from non-kineptic
    • Added one vanity armor set (at the yarn spinner)
    • Kineptic no longer slouch (moved the head sprite back one pixel)
    • Kineptic have larger ears
    • More hair/cheek styles
    • Added teal fur color
    • Added a few microdungeons**
    • Added two new fire spells, unlocked after Fireball tier 4 (have not been balanced)

That should be it, for the most part! One more thing: I'm working on the kineptic lore. If you have any questions about the kineptic such as their society, culture, biology, or literally any other aspect of them, go ahead and ask in the discussion thread! It helps me develop them as a species!

* Currently, the inventory icons are all the same color. I'm trying to figure out how to fix this without making separate icon files for each tier. I know there is a way to do it.
    ** These encounters ONLY appear on VANILLA MOON BIOMES. They are also subject to change. I tried patching Vitsotu's crystal biomes, but nothing I did worked. Sorry :<
    Sakura Aurora Lunaris likes this.
Return to update list...