1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Kineptic Race Mod 12-22-2015

Magician Space Cats

1. Lord InkSans
    Lord InkSans
    3/5,
    Version: 12-22-2015
    I always wonder will this mod be updated because I miss playing this race but I just don't like crashing everything I try use captain chair so I really hope this mode get updated
    1. Quilavabom
      Author's Response
      There's a reason I requested it to go to outdated. Do not expect any more updates. I'm sorry.
  2. AnEverydayGamer
    AnEverydayGamer
    5/5,
    This is one of my favorite race mods of all time, but it seems really outdated. I'm trying my best to update it to current version, but it's my first time trying to do such a thing. Any advice you can give to me?
    1. Quilavabom
      Author's Response
      I've got a link in a spoiler tag on page 31 of the discussion thread. It's got an incomplete build that I _think_ works with the current version... I'm not sure, though.

The starbound logs are your friend. Just look through those and see where the errors are being thrown.
  3. eevee360
    eevee360
    5/5,
    love this mod and everything about it but um...when will it be updated?
    1. Quilavabom
      Author's Response
      Data not found.

Sorry, there's no estimated timeframe. My interest comes and goes. Right now, it goes.
  4. Sakura Aurora Lunaris
    Sakura Aurora Lunaris
    5/5,
    I wish it was updated for 1.0, I miss my kitty ship. Love this modpack ♥
  5. Tickles_McGee
    Tickles_McGee
    5/5,
    Every time I run the mod my game crashes
    1. Quilavabom
      Author's Response
      That's because the mod isn't updated for 1.0. Sorry.
  6. Kenah
    Kenah
    5/5,
    the mod looks great, maybe you update it to 1.0? really want to play with it but my game breaks every time I try to use it
  7. LiquidTheDragon
    LiquidTheDragon
    5/5,
    AMAZING. Just a question. Are you able to get the Adouken starting weapon to any other race by spawning it in or crafting it?
    1. Quilavabom
      Author's Response
      Yeah, you should be able to spawn it in with admin commands. I believe the item name is kineptictier0pulse.
  8. magi093
    magi093
    4/5,
    Good mod, be interesting if you and Kawa merged this and Felins together (or something)
    1. Quilavabom
      Author's Response
      I don't think the two cultures are compatible.
  9. Luthor614
    Luthor614
    5/5,
    Great to see this mod back in action! Always look forward to well planned out race mods, good job dude!
  10. SiFiGeek36
    SiFiGeek36
    4/5,
    Hi Love this I have loved it for a while. I also remember when there was different "spells" or powers other than a plasma blast will you be planning to add them back in. Also some of the races talk about "flight" are more powers in store.
    1. Quilavabom
      Author's Response
      I will eventually, but for the time being I'm experiencing one of my patent-pending lulls in motivation. I feel a lack of creativity when I can't do what I envision, and it's hard to do what I envision from the lack of documentation. There are a lot of helpful people out there, but I'm not able to keep up with them.

The kineptic can fly with the use of their gloves, canonically. In game, you're probably not gonna see it for a while, if ever. It'd completely break a lot of aspects of the game if you can just fly out of the reach of your enemies.
  11. Starnightmoon
    Starnightmoon
    5/5,
    I love this mod. When ever there is a new version i just have to download it and play with it. 10/10 Love It.
  12. valavaern
    valavaern
    5/5,
    As well built and implemented as the Avali, which you should also have installed already.
  13. Arleoia69
    Arleoia69
    5/5,
    Very instresting mod and one of the best mods the allows you to play as a four-Tailed Kineptic and have an AI with personiality certainly should displayed as a top mod xD

Keep up the good Work :)

BTW ... may I have permission to draw a Four-Tailed Kineptic Character OC for Deviantart use?
    1. Quilavabom
      Author's Response
      By all means, draw!
  14. JeStErHALLOW
    JeStErHALLOW
    5/5,
    Well thought out mod, plus space cat wizards are always fun ;7;
  15. Dragon_Tom005
    Dragon_Tom005
    5/5,
    As a Kazdra, This stuff is incredible. I must learn EVERYTHING there is to know.
  16. Swoop_The_Bat
    Swoop_The_Bat
    4/5,
    Version: 10-4-2015
    I love this mod, mostly because I like cats! But I have noticed some game-breaking glitches such as the game always crashing when you open an alloy furnace. please fix these soon!
    1. Quilavabom
      Author's Response
      Other users have not reported such a problem (neither have I myself had such a problem). Go into the game and cause the crash again, then take the event log and copy-paste it into the discussion thread inside spoiler tags. That way I can get to the root of the problem and tell you what is causing it.
  17. sikerow
    sikerow
    5/5,
    hey awesome mod can i have this in my modpack
    1. Quilavabom
      Author's Response
      Sure, go ahead.
  18. unownplyr
    unownplyr
    5/5,
    Cats in space,with "magic" ¶¦µ^°•½©nuff said©½•°^µ¦¶
  19. Kaedegames
    Kaedegames
    5/5,
    Beautiful mod!
  20. Hikara-The-Mienshao
    Hikara-The-Mienshao
    5/5,
    Aaaaaa, my favorite race is back from the dead! Many thanks, Quil!
    I stopped playing Starbound for a long while because I didn't want to use any of the other races. ><

I know you're highly unmotivated to continue on, but I hope hearing all the support will help you in keeping on with the mod. We all love it so very much!