1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Kalbian Race 1.1.1

Curious goats in space!

1. BWL
    Introduction - The Kalbian Race [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

The Kalbians are a spacefaring race who achieved interstellar flight centuries ago. Through their interest in the unknown they followed the stars and established colonies throughout their system in search of what can sate their unquenchable curiousity. It is with almost giddy glee that a Kalbian discovers something new and this strive has led to many achievements, outstanding artists, chefs and musicians and later the exploration of the stars. They learn by observing another and there is a sense of a collective, especially when it comes to information and knowleadge. Being spread in their own system has led to various colonies developing new and different cultures, something a Kalbian never minds; new is good, new is fresh, new is interesting. The mindset of Kalbian culture is that there is not but one spice that makes up a soup and adopt many things as they come across them.

Kalbian technology is advanced but not limitless or without lacking areas. Powered suit armor is a mundane acquisition to most Kalbians, something that has not been new since the beginning of the space faring days, a long time ago. Kalbians give little thought to it, much like you would give little thought to the method in which your lamp came to be or the way your window was made. It is old, it is normal, everyone has one. Some however, are cooler than others.

It is also because of the diverse culture they possess that Kalbian armor takes many shapes and forms; different needs give birth to different tools and features, but always with a endeavor to improve over what was, even if it may sometimes be pointless improvements. They are improvements none the less. Weaponry can therefore come in the most advanced forms of firearms to the simplest club.

In short, the Kalbians are a curious race bent on finding new things and explore the unknown with desire to know what lays hidden out there.

Features
    Wide range of customisation options for appearences
    [24 accessories, 38 ear/facial markings, 20 horns] (as of version 1.0)

Kalbians never look alike.

[​IMG]

And come in many colours.

[​IMG]

Now with animated tails! One for each personality!

[​IMG]

15 new sets of armor

[​IMG]

Including one new for copper, silver, gold, platinum and leather.

[​IMG]

Updated armor sets. (1.0.2+)
    Kalbian Module Station [​IMG]
    In the latest version (version 1.1.0) you'll find that you can craft a new type of crafting table called 'Kalbian Module Station'. This allows you to craft module plugins for the Kalbian helmets in the game. Adding a module to your helmet will change it's stats and appearence.

[​IMG]

There are five types of modules:

Health: Will increase your maximum health.

Energy
    : Will increase your maximum energy.

Shielding: Will increase your defence.

Energy Recovery
    : Will increase your energy recovery.

Breathing: Will serve the same function as a survival system.

[​IMG]

There are 10 tiers of modules which'll unlock as all other tech.

New unique ship
    [​IMG]

68+ new weapons

Each tier is unique to another and carry their own distinct style.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a Kalbian unique matter manipulator.

[​IMG]

New set of furniture
    [​IMG]

The mod is otherwise very straight forward and is played just like any other race from the default game.

Here's some cool Kalbian by other people!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Contact

Feel free to drop me a message with feedback, suggestions or anything at all!

To-Do List

Add even more horns, ears/markings, accessories

Might add more colours to pick from

Add 100% custom clothes

Add a cinematic intro

Random dungeons

Add a questline

Kalbian unique items from dungeons

Incorporate kalbian objects into dungeons instead of basic craft list

Polish lore fluff

Add codex entries

Add/fix Icons for items/objects/Armor

Make Settlements

Review the respawn animation and do some alterations

Add unique Kalbian crop

Subsequently make Kalbian cuisine

And much much more..

Installation

1. Install the character creation extender of your choice (I use this one).

2. Drop the 'goats' folder into mods folder.

3. Done! Ready to play!

It should have no compability issues except for the few IDs for objects that could already be in use by other mods. (If you run into this, let me know so I can fix future updates or simply change the IDs in the settings to ones that do not clash with your modlist.)

Feel free to give suggestions to what could help improve the mod!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Updates

1. 1.1.1 - Icons and bugfixes
  2. Version 1.1.0
  3. Version 1.0.3

Recent Reviews

1. hotrod102798
    hotrod102798
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.1
    This looks awesome please update it as soon as possible, it looks so awesome!!
  2. KruczekIIV
    KruczekIIV
    5/5,
    Best race mod I've seen so far. Everything here have cool design and lots of customization. I'm waiting for an updated version for current starbound build, when it happens, just download the mod and give it a try.
    Worth it!
  3. bailesaur
    bailesaur
    5/5,
    Very nice look to the race
  4. ramsas
    ramsas
    5/5,
    Amazing, surprisingly well made. This should really be a featured mod.
  5. ClownXX
    ClownXX
    5/5,
    5 star
  6. Rikuj
    Rikuj
    5/5,
    Easy to get into and understand, and GOATS!
  7. shankster117
    shankster117
    5/5,
    Version: Version 1.0.3
    5 Stars because of goats.
  8. Revypantzz
    Revypantzz
    5/5,
    Love this mod. Lots you can do to make your character look unique. I can't seem to find the level ten directional weapons now that I'm messing around in sector X but otherwise I've had no troubles at all. Everything looks great. Now we just need moreeee >;)
  9. Wiredwrong
    Wiredwrong
    5/5,
    Why 5 stars? Well you can be a space traveling goat for one thing. So much customization, directional weapons, armor, weapons, and a very unique ship. Only thing that would make these guys perfect is dungeons and villages, which I'm sure may be coming in future updates.
    1. BWL
      Author's Response
      Cheers. Nothing like beating about space to sate a curious goat, right?

Oh trust me, all and well planned. Might come sooner than you think. I'll be posting WIPs in the discussion as I get more to show. So stay tuned there!
  10. Relten
    Relten
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.2
    мод идеально, хорошо для игры!
    Other words, good job comrade!
    1. BWL
      Author's Response
      это слава козел вид, чтобы быть хорошим мод!
      Thank you, honorable comrade Eastwood.