1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Just Like Real Birds 1.3

Wings for Avians & more!

1. Furrik
    Now your beloved Avian character can have wings, just like every bird in the world!

It's a very simple mod, I just merged Avian God Wings' textures with vanilla and Better Avians mod's bodies' textures and recolored the talons to black. Took me quite a while to merge all the textures and make some minor adjustments, but the effect is very pretty! The only downside of this mod is that wearing other wing items will most likely look just horrible and it doesn't fit with the game's lore well. You also can't fly with these wings. It's all just aesthetics, making Avians look prettier.
    I also recolored the vanilla beaks to black and added as a seperate set of beaks!

You can find the Better Avians mod HERE.

[​IMG]
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Updates

1. Black Beaks
  2. Wings are now optional
  3. More content in one mod!

Recent Reviews

1. Predilecta
    Predilecta
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3
    The wings have smooth movements, very good.
  2. lockclamp
    lockclamp
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3
    nice mod
  3. RevzRevenger
    RevzRevenger
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    Oh yes
  4. whitekitestrings
    whitekitestrings
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    oh my god, this is everything i've always wanted with avians. i was lamenting that my god wings were white and didn't match my avian character because they're so pretty. BUT NO MORE. thank you so much!!
  5. Xiachh
    Xiachh
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    I wish i had rated the resource a lot sooner Because i love this mod!
  6. Ray87
    Ray87
    5/5,
  7. Ap-Doge
    Ap-Doge
    5/5,
    The mod does what it says so I'll give it 5 stars since it does it well,
    when talking about immersion not so much since there's all that shit about their god taking their wings and such but let's not go too deep and rate the mod by what it is, good.
  8. Rao999
    Rao999
    5/5,
    This is really cool, I just got this so I'm not sure if this is a feature but could you edit armor for Avians so their wings get some protection? In battle enemies would probably be able to make an Avian bleed pretty badly by slicing open their wings so armor would protect them.
    1. Furrik
      Author's Response
      It's not possible to edit the armor in such a way it would fit the wings. But thanks for sharing the idea, maybe in the future it will be possible ;)
  9. StarLoverNaz
    StarLoverNaz
    5/5,
    Cool! But is there a way to have just black talons? Not the wings? Or maybe one with tail feathers and black talons? Thanks for the awesome mod though! :D
    1. Furrik
      Author's Response
      I can make more optional components with just black talons later when I have time ;)
      Thanks for the feedback!
  10. Ludichaton
    Ludichaton
    4/5,
    Version: 2016-01-31
    God that's satisfying !
    The mod maybe gets some problems with Starbound's lore but having the wings on the avians is real great to look at. But i also got a suggestion if you don't mind... Maybe you could add a feathered tail ? Like in the Falcon Guard Wings ? That would be real nice !

Anyway, nice mod !
    1. Furrik
      Author's Response
      Thanks for your feedback! I merged my mod with Better Avians, so now you can have tail feathers and wings at the same time ;)