1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Izku and Dark Izku races with bonus features 5.1

2 Races with evoled form techs, light pets, npc spawners, custom ship, tiered armor weapons/ dungeon

1. SheepLord
    This mod is out of date but I have made a basic version of it (just a race mod) for the full release version of Starbound https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/izku-reborn-basic.5908/

First thing and very important, When you extract the .zip file open that folder and copy the two folders inside it to your mod folder.

[​IMG] The Izku are an odd little tentacle species. The thing that really sets these guys apart from the rest is they have an evolved form (in the form of a tech) there are three options a flame based form a missile based form and a gun based form, and each type comes in different colours to match your character. Another perk to the Izku species is they have a nice little light monster friend who floats behind them giving them light, warmth , air, and protection from falling they also come in different colours to match your style.

The Izku as of version 2.0 come with a full set of tiered weapons and armors all the way from level 0 through 10. their evolved form techs also unlock at the appropriate times as do NPC spawners, custom race statues, and some non vanilla based objects. Izku lore codexs are also available as is a gravity bubble like tech from the start.

The Izku have the ability to evolve this is done via techs, these evolved form techs unlock as you progress through the tiers. To use the tech have it locked in and selected and then simply press F just make sure you have some open space around you as you will grow.

With the 3.0 update The Izku gained a dungeon of their very own that randomly populates throughout the universe. Along with the dungeon a new weapon The Summoning staff was introduced and some new Dark Izku gear along with some new lore books and a new level of crafting bars. This update is so big I made a video guide to go along with it you can find it below. There is one change from the video already the dragon parts require corrupted living bars instead of just living bars these bars can be crafted at the metalwork station, the recipe is 1 living bar and 1 coal to make 1 corrupted living bar.

[​IMG] Now what update 4.0 entails is a second race know as the Dark Izku now their basic appearance is the same as the Izku except for a difference in the eye, but they come with a whole new lore, and a modified ship and items, they also have all 1-11 tiers of unique armor and 2 weapons 1-11 one a dagger and the other a summoning staff with stronger monsters from each tier upgrade many custom made. Also be careful because this is a summoning race I thought it would be op if I didn't reduce the armor a bit so watch your damage but on the plus side I increased your tolerance to cold.
    There is also an end game quest for the Dark Izku its very similarly structured to the Izku's but instead of using the Tabo stone to construct the Tentacle Dragon exoskeleton you burn the stone in the furnace and use it with new items crust, mantle, core to build the Planet, after placing the Planet and activating it a minor world god will appear to test your valor. completing this quest will unlock the tier 11 armor of the Izku race renamed "redeemer armor"

Update 5.0 brings totally new character sprite sheets for the Izku and the Dark Izku, giving them a much cleaner and more interesting look. The race now boasts 42 unique Izku hairstyles same as the standard races. For rhis update I really have to thank and give Credit to Alpha_StevO and Soude who worked very hard building these new looks.

New Sprite Sheets as of version 5.0
    Credit to Alpha_StevO and Soude
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dark Izku get new artwork too
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------- At the moment all the images below this point use the old character art work-------------------------------------------------

Tiered Weapons and armors

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Dark Izku monsters

[​IMG]

V3.0 Izku Dungeon, Summoning Staff, New Dark Izku armor, and more

Dark Izku End game quest
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Two Races
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Top Tier

[​IMG]

Custom ship

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    behind background (pre updates)
    [​IMG]

NPCs
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Evolved form

[​IMG]

Energy Bubble

[​IMG]

Light Monsters

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Custom Ore and Bar for tier 11 armrors

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    Shield
    [​IMG]

Codexs

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Statues

[​IMG]
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. gblai
    gblai
    5/5,
    Version: 5.1
    it be nice to see this mod updated to 1.4 one my favorite mods in the earler versions of starbound
  2. PotatoSS
    PotatoSS
    5/5,
    update, pl0x
  3. OpfahLetsPlay
    OpfahLetsPlay
    2/5,
    It´s an awesome mod but sadly its crashing my game :( Probably because it isn´t updated for Upbeat Giraffe
  4. BobTheBuilder.
    BobTheBuilder.
    5/5,
    PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE
  5. dysmondo
    dysmondo
    4/5,
    this mod looks like an AWESOME mod, it doesn't work for me
  6. Rao999
    Rao999
    4/5,
    This mod looks like it has a huge amount of potential, sadly I cannot play it as my computer her in Upbeat Giraffe. I'd love to see this with things like an AI in the future!
  7. JohnStar145
    JohnStar145
    4/5,
    This mod has a good potential but....

same as Foxiimor I can't play starbound with that error
  8. Foxiimor
    Foxiimor
    4/5,
  9. Asper
    Asper
    5/5,
    Version: 4.2.1
    I loved this race mod. I want to know before installing frackin flora if it does prevent it's living ore from spawning or not. Please tell me. I am starting to create a new dark Izku char now.
    1. SheepLord
      Author's Response
      Firstly Thank you for your review glad you like it, the frackin flora mod does stop my living ore from spawning but I built in a work around, by smelting 10k voxels you can make the ore, and one of the recent nightly build updates changes how the merge files work and should fix the problem once it goes live
  10. SpaceFisherman
    SpaceFisherman
    5/5,
    Version: 4.1.4
    I really like this race especially the new one its a unique play style that the normal game doesn't have, I also like the look of the races please keep up the good work
    1. SheepLord
      Author's Response
      Thank you I plan to, and it's my aim to make content that adds new things to the game play rather then just more of the same with a different appearance