1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Isolation Mod - No More Storyline 1.0

Removes the story line, like the beta versions.

1. Metal Daisy
    The Isolation Mod

What does this mod do?
    First, the button to skip the tutorial on the character creation screen is removed, but the tutorial will be skipped anyway.

You will wake up already in your ship, which was hit by an asteroid during your last travel. Boot up sail to repair the ship and done, you're free to explore the universe as you wish. Each species will start with a different type of random weapon instead of the Broken Protectorate Sword.

If you want to go to the outpost, you'll need to activate the gate with 20 Core Fragment Ore, as usual, but no main quest will be triggered. Also, recibes for both melee and firearms were unlocked for all species, not only Novakid.

And finally, the ship pets were removed for vanilla species. That thing is annoying and gets everywhere.

Does it require anything?
    It requires a new character. Backup your old ones too.

Is it compatible with [random mod here]?
    Maybe. I copied and edited some of the vanilla files, so it might be incompatible with anything that changes or depends on the vanilla quest files (protectorate.questtemplate and bootup.questtemplate, specifically).

I also edited the character creation menu to remove the "skip intro" button. If you use a mod that changes this menu, then mark the "skip intro button" yourself.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    pancake_furry and paulo123ovo like this.

Recent Reviews

1. pancake_furry
    pancake_furry
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    This sounds great! I've been wanting a mod that changes the game so I don't have to do the story! Thank you.