1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Interesting Starter Swords 2.4

Adds a bit of history, lore, and lifespan to your starting weapons

1. gamegunny123123
    gamegunny123123
    5/5,
    Version: 2.4
    The Mod really good if it update to work ver. Gald Griffaf
  2. jackster_227
    jackster_227
    5/5,
    Mod is awesome. However, I feel like the Apex were neglected somewhat. It's good but it doesn't really reflect their character as the other weapons do. Them being the most technologically advanced race I thought it was going to change into something very sci-fi like. Sort of like a lightsaber. Still, just my opinion. Great mod man!
  3. Mr Mishmish
    Mr Mishmish
    5/5,
    Awesome mod, I've seen others that have the same concept, but this is most fit for me. Chucklefish HAS to do something like this! Otherwise, there would be no point to have starter weapons. Heck, give them a pistol. They'll do fine.
  4. Spatial_Pioneer
    Spatial_Pioneer
    5/5,
    To be honest I'm not sure why this isn't part of Vanilla...
  5. SKyStriker101
    SKyStriker101
    5/5,
    I am planning to use this mod I a modpack I'd like to call "UniverseBound". May I use your mod? You have an excellent mod though.
    1. dantronix
      Author's Response
      Certainly. Thanks for checking. Thanks for the rating.
  6. Panthermilk
    Panthermilk
    5/5,
    This is exactly how I pictured this happening in my head as soon as I got my sword on my first character.
  7. JJgoneinsane
    JJgoneinsane
    5/5,
    I would SERIOUSLY GET THIS MOD!!! It makes those worthless starter swords into something of a BEAST. I have NEVER trashed my sword after getting this mod. Great Work Dantronix! Keep it up!
  8. Lordanar1337
    Lordanar1337
    5/5,
    Version: 2.2
    Download it right away. I love the idea! What is also really good is that you can use ANY of this swords no matter which race you are playing atm. I love the Human-Sword, exspecially the Tier 10 one, looks amazing! Fantastic!
  9. MacNCheeze210
    MacNCheeze210
    5/5,
    I always though that my wave sword could be upgraded into a god sword for sector X, but that did not happen...until now.
  10. Yrfirelnight
    Yrfirelnight
    5/5,
    I love this mod! It's added actual use to my starter sword that I throw out after 5 minutes.. Now I can use it into tier 10! -Best with harder bosses mod so it's not that op..
  11. etherealblade
    etherealblade
    5/5,
    Officially became one of those "must have" mods for my starbound. Thankyou. Sidenote: If you ever got bored you could make a "one sword" to rule them all, where you collect all tier 10 Relics to craft the omega sword. Heck...even have them drop from Mega monsters....8D
    1. dantronix
      Author's Response
      Such an impressive idea! Thank you. I think I will take you up on this.
  12. ⎛HYDRO⎞
    ⎛HYDRO⎞
    5/5,
    Amazing!
  13. Kuroji
    Kuroji
    5/5,
    Version: 2.0
    It's been good to see that I can upgrade the starting weapon to something that's useful for more than five seconds... and now I can take it the whole way to level 10, to make it worthwhile to invest the effort rather than just making a weapon for that tier and throwing it away a half hour later. Sweet.
  14. L3W
    L3W
    5/5,
    I just tried out some of the new tiers of weapons and they look amazing. Every tier gets better and better. I love them all :D
  15. QShadow
    QShadow
    5/5,
    Awesome idea, and whats more important, excellent executed.
  16. puffintoast
    puffintoast
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    Nice!
  17. L3W
    L3W
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    I love being able to upgrade the starter weapons! I wish this was in the vanilla game. I can't wait to see the upcoming tier additions (up to tier 10) you have in mind :)
  18. etherealblade
    etherealblade
    5/5,
    I support this 1000%. Please continue. I think it would be great to eventually give them elemental properties and powers as they progress to tier 10. You don't to do every tier, just every 2-tiers or so. ;) Great mod and idea
  19. Zereth Deagroth
    Zereth Deagroth
    5/5,
    A great concept. I also thought we would be able to upgrade the starter weapons when I first saw them. Thank you for making this. I hope you continue to make further tiers to upgrade them so that they can last through the entire game.
  20. Zuvaii
    Zuvaii
    5/5,
    I love this mod, it makes keeping the starter weapons useful, and most 2-handed swords in general are sub-par compared to hammers or dual-wielding swords for maximizing damage. This mod not only keeps the aesthetics for each race's starting weapon and improves upon it, but keeps them viable through the tiers. I really hope that more tiers are added later.