1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Improved Swim Physics! v13

Reworks Starbound's swim engine!

1. pyle.shazaam
    pyle.shazaam
    5/5,
    Version: v13
    So very, very, VERY useful. Love it!
  2. 5Mano5
    5Mano5
    5/5,
    10/10 would recommend
  3. Caploaf
    Caploaf
    5/5,
    Excellent mod, no more shall i suffer from the evil that is S w i m m i n g
  4. Lengey
    Lengey
    5/5,
    Tested and works like a charm.
    The physics are well and no glitches.
    Aproved.
  5. icyi2i
    icyi2i
    5/5,
    Yay physics
  6. NightmareDL
    NightmareDL
    5/5,
    Awesome mod
  7. Morden
    Morden
    5/5,
    Version: v12
    As far as I'm concerned, this mod is essential.
  8. positron
    positron
    5/5,
    I started building a base in an ocean biome for obvious reasons and quickly began to hate vanilla swim physics so much I was contemplating constructing elsewhere. Thanks for this mod!
  9. limon4ik
    limon4ik
    5/5,
    - Make people hate ocean biomes

its true.. and this mod is cool!
  10. Akajaro
    Akajaro
    5/5,
    This is necessary. Most definitely
  11. renimia
    renimia
    5/5,
    great mod! it gives my game a better and a more immersive experience than ever, i love it very much so thank you for providing such a helpful mod for us! <3
    1. Sock_Bunny
      Author's Response
      awww :D you're welcome :3 I'm glad that it helps you so much :o
  12. DeltaZone1234
    DeltaZone1234
    4/5,
    Version: v10
    Loving the mod right now. I actually makes Ocean planet and its tempered cousins less of a slog and something more enjoyable.
  13. Predilecta
    Predilecta
    5/5,
    I liked the new swim system, cute.
  14. SoggyTits
    SoggyTits
    5/5,
    This mod Is Brilliant, I used to despise ocean planets
  15. ColossusX13
    ColossusX13
    5/5,
    Is this compatible with Frackin Races? Seeing as it increases the swim speed for Hyloti? Would they still have increased speed or would the directional swimming be the same regardless?
    1. Sock_Bunny
      Author's Response
      I'm 99% sure it will work!
  16. The Avelon
    The Avelon
    5/5,
    This mod is absolutely necessary to my game. If something conflicts with this mod, it does not get installed. This is also what inspired me to seek out a better dashing solution than the Up+Left/Right hotkey combination, so you have Sock_Bunny to thank if you use Zerotap.
    1. Sock_Bunny
      Author's Response
      awww :D thank you so much <3
  17. DeadSomething
    DeadSomething
    4/5,
    absolutely necessary for good gameplay.
    i only got one bug: when using spheres, the speed is way too high and buggy.
    1. Sock_Bunny
      Author's Response
      I'll see if I can fix that :D
  18. Goat Plushie
    Goat Plushie
    5/5,
    It's a lot smoother, and in missions where swimming is required like in Grand Pagoda Library, essential. plus if you have commands you can just flood an area and feel like you are flying.
  19. LMasterGame
    LMasterGame
    5/5,
    great fix, other hazard liquids are still not giving effects with just touching them, but npcs in water are working great
    1. Sock_Bunny
      Author's Response
      You need to be swimming in them to get the effects. Standing won't work :o
  20. Devin_Plombier
    Devin_Plombier
    5/5,
    Version: v9
    Ok so, my first review was awful because of some sort of conflict between mods : I guess the "combinable augments" mod (https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/combinable-augments.3943/).
    After reading the author's response, I uninstalled all my augments but the swim augment. I then re-installed all of them one by one in order to find which one was in conflict (mobility, speed, gravity...), but in the end, I was swimming just fine with all the augments !
    I don't quite understand where the problem was, but hey, in the end the Improved Swim Physics work perfectly !
    Thank you for your advices, and good job ! ;)
    (sorry again for bad-talking about your mod ^^' )
    1. Sock_Bunny
      Author's Response
      it's okay :D
      the gravity augment messes with the swimming, but it should let you swim if you take off the EPP with the gravity augment and put it back on when you're underwater