I have good news, and bad news.
Due to repeated and flagrant copyright infringement of ILC and other assets, I am no longer going to update ILikeCheating.
But don't worry! I'll be making ILikeCheating2 - which will be much more powerful than the original ILikeCheatinng. It will be similar to ILikeCheating - being a client-side spawning tool and building aid, but it will be orientated towards more technical users. It will be very different, you'll see - but if you liked ILC, you'll probably like ILC2.
Ever since I created ILikeCheating, I said people could get permission to modify and redistribute it if they met these two simple criteria:
- They informed me first.
- They included a copy of these criteria in their distribution.
None of the many people who have modified and redistributed ILC have met either of these criteria.
While I thank the relevant authorative people who have removed illegal redistributions of ILC when requested, a particular community has refused to remove content stolen from various content creators and have even mocked them, saying that "Starbound is only a game".
Thanks to them, I am retiring ILikeCheating, so that I can release ILikeCheating2. ILikeCheating2 will be released under a different permission set where modification and distribution is strictly prohibited (that's why it needs to be a different mod), and I will take every legal and technical measure available to prevent that certain particular community from using my new content (some of which will not allow ILC2 to be distributed on Chucklefish's mod database).
You can still use old versions of ILC (I don't guarantee if the download links work), and you can modify and distribute ILC if you follow the criteria listed.
The ultimate multiplayer-friendly building tool
For Upbeat Giraffe, Update 2, Protocol 668
This mod, once installed, will modify the SAIL AI. To uninstall this mod, you will need to delete your character's .metadata file (found in your player folder), which will reset your quests.
This mod takes over the Toymaker's Table, Heart Forge and Yarn Spinner crafting tables to bring you the ability to craft any item in the game, as well as act as a building aid, adding liquids, colored objects enhanced excavation and increased object placement range. ILikeCheating was designed to be 100% compatible with vanilla multiplayer servers - meaning you can install this mod, then join a server that does not have the mod installed, and every feature will work without causing errors on the server-side.
- Holiday table (ILikeCheating Objects) - crafts all objects
- Heart forge (ILikeCheating Colors) - craft colored variants of objects
- Yarn spinner (ILikeCheating Items) - craft all items, liquids, and special items
- Unlock all tech at your AI station
- Enable your ship FTL and teleporter at your AI station
- Unlock all tools at your AI station
- Matter manipulator instantly mines, digs a 1x1 area by default (3x3 on shift+click)
- Effectively unlimited building and digging range
- Spawn invisible items that you can put in your vanity slots to appear naked while wearing armor (ILikeCheating Items -> Tools)
- Spawn a helmet that makes you invisible (ILikeCheating Items -> Tools)
- Immunity to elements (like radiation and heat)
- Toggleable godmode (See Tech Station -> Suit Tech)
- Noclip mode (Press H to activate, must enable tech at Tech Station -> Suit Tech)
- Sit mode, sit anywhere you like (Press G to activate, WASD to move, must be using a noclip tech)
- Automatic crouch mode (Press SHIFT+G to activate, must be using a noclip tech)
- Ability to place grass and ores (ILikeCheating Items -> Tools, must be using a noclip tech)
- Ability to make objects not interactable, and to break unbreakable obkects (ILikeCheating Items -> Tools). Try using that in combination with unbreakable objects to make some interesting stuff!
- 100% compatible with vanilla multiplayer servers. You can install this mod then join another server and every feature will work. This mod is also server friendly, and will not generate errors server-side.
Download and extract the ILC_Core folder to your mods folder.
It should look something like this:
Enter Starbound and press C. You should see "ILikeCheating Objects, ILikeCheating Colors, ILikeCheating Items" available to craft.
Craft a "ILikeCheating Objects" item to unlock everything for that character!
You can then unlock techs, tools and ship capabilities at your AI station.
Errors4l for Spawnable Items Pack, an inspiration for this mod.
Vaeux, who posted his unfinished Color Forge on Reddit, which was the inspiration for the color forging mod in ILikeCheating.
Aiko, for various StarCheat tricks.
Dreg, for the multipass sprite and letting me take nice pictures.
Permissions and Redistribution
Do not post, link or upload this mod on Nexus sites, including derivatives or mod packs including this mod.
Otherwise, derivatives and redistribution is allowed as long as you inform me, and include a copy of this license.
I help run a whitelisted Starbound roleplaying server called Orion's Edge. If you like roleplaying, come visit me!
Q). I can't turn the mod into a folder.
A). The mod is archived as a .7z file. You need 7-zip or something similar to open it.
You can get 7-zip here: http://www.7-zip.org/download.html
If for some reason you don't want to download 7-zip, you can use this alternate link for my mod, which is a .zip file.
Q). What is this mod compatible with?
A). This mod is not compatible with:
- Creative Mode
- Spawnables Item Pack
- Any mod that hijacks suit tech or the crafting tables used
Partial compatibility with:
- Skyrail Sits - you won't be able to use my noclip tech and skyrail sits at the same time
- Any other mod that uses tech that needs the G or H tech keys
- Fixed noclip bug where tech script will crash if you click with an empty hand.
- Added a tool to smash objects at the mouse cursor (including unbreakable objects).
- Added a tool to make objects not interactable.
- Fixed the vanity head item to use a base item with no mask.
- Added a whitelist for "placemod" (placing grass / ores) so that they can only be placed on unpaintable tiles. This is due to a Starbound engine bug where placing a mod on a painted tile will crash the game and ruin the world.
- Added multipass.
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
ILikeCheating - The ultimate multiplayer-friendly building tool (outdated) 1.20
Also, you can place grass and ores. :)