1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Hylotl Ship - A sleeker and cooler design 1.0.0

A retexture of the Hylotl ship, removing the silly bright neon colors and strange fish-face front.

1. Shiokuri
    Thank you for looking at my mod, and I sincerely hope you download it and enjoy it. If you use it, I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE for you to upload an image of you using this space ship design for yourself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Installation instructions:
    Quick instructions: (Your-Drive/Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/assets/ships/hylotl
    Put the files there. Only use the light file if you want to change the lights.

For those who don't understand very easily:
    1. Extract the file.
    2. Find your Starbound Steam folder. (Usually located within: Your-Drive/Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound)
    3. Open the assets folder, then the ships folder, and finally hylotl folder.
    4. Copy and paste the "dropship.png" and "dropship.structure" over the ones that are already in the hylotl folder.

From the moment I set eyes on the Hylotl ship, I knew I would have to spend some time revamping it to my own standards. I am sure there are many of you who enjoy Chucklefish's design of it, which humorously turns it into a giant fish, bright orange with a massive googly eye. I, on the other hand, found it a mockery to the Hylotl race, and finally have decided to fix this problem.

In order to provide all Hylotls with a better (and more serious) experience, I have changed the ship to a cool blue color, while redesigning the front to have a sleeker look, and altogether removing the eye. As well as all this, I also made slight changes to the top and bottom of the ship, while keeping the fins on the top and engine, because although a giant flying fish is silly, the fins provide a nice look to the ship and also remind us of our watery homes. Finally, I changed the light source to regular sci-fi lights (optional, of course), since the bright orange Chinese lamps don't go very will with the blue ship.

This mod does work in multiplayer, but your friends won't see any difference in your ship unless they actually have the mod downloaded too.

Please upvote, or endorse, or comment if you like this mod. If I get enough support from people, I will definitely consider making changes to other Space ships in the Starbound game.
    Nadroz, Xzalander and InTheStars 888 like this.

Recent Reviews

1. Raygunn_26
    Raygunn_26
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.0
    Awesome! i like it much more than the normal design with the big fish head, i even made a few small changes of my own! http://imgur.com/YKccL1z
  2. Krell
    Krell
    5/5,
    I like this design much more than the original one.
  3. OnyxTortoise
    OnyxTortoise
    5/5,
    I actually like both designs, this and the original. Will be using this one for variety. It would be nice to see more mods like this- not changing anything besides the looks of a ship.