I am L3W and this is my Zelda inspired mod for Starbound! At first I was hesitant to share it with others, but I found the lack of Zelda related mods to be appalling and still do. I would like to mention this mod is first and foremost a fun side project I like to do when I am not busy. I don't often take requests because I like to work on what I am interested in.
UPDATE (2019): @shadowd15 will be helping me develop and fix this mod from this point on when they can! If you have any questions or suggestions, then feel free to discuss them in the discussion section. The steam workshop version will be updated as well when the mod gets fixed.
The Hylian Station is based off a headcanon idea I had from Skyward Sword. In the Lanayru Desert where the ancient robot race existed was a crafting station that could build anything you imagined! Sadly only the robots knew how to build them, but one day they vanished... As a hero/heroine (from another land in the future) you've discovered the lost secret of making them again! Now can you craft almost any item spoken in the Hylian legends. Someday you hope to be able to rebuild a robot from that lost race as well. Anyways I chose color schemes to match their style. It would be like something they would make. Cheers~
*PRESS C TO FIND THE HYLIAN STATION IN YOUR CRAFTING MENU*
*Seeking help on my mod. I am looking for a couple of people who are Zelda fans. Someone who can Lua script and knows Json coding. And also someone who can sprite*
If anyone would like to help out with my mod please check my modding forum page:
The steam workshop version can be found on at:
If you find any weird bugs please let me know in the discussion section
and not a review. If you have any other questions please also let me know in the discussion section. DO NOT ask if this mod has the Master Sword or if it is a Zelda mod or I will report you. Not kidding.
How to install:
Extract the .rar contents to a directory of your choice (I put them on my desktop)
Place the Hylian Weapons of Legends folder in: steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/mods and place it in the mods folder.
Tatl Tael Cursor Mod by Me
An old article I found that mentions my mod:
- Kokiri Sword
- Kokiri Sword (Majora's Mask)
- Razor Sword
- Gilded Sword
- Hylia Sword aka Goddess Sword
- Hylia Longsword aka Goddess Longsword
- Hylia Whitesword
- Master Sword (Skyward Sword version)
- Demise Sword
- Sage Sword
- Great Fairy Sword
- Phantom Sword (Phantom Hourglass version)
- Megaton Hammer
- Ball and Chain from Twilight Princess
- Snake Whip from Spirit Tracks (The whip looks like an orange Rope which is a Zelda snake enemy)
- Gust Bellows
- Dominion Rod from Twilight Princess
- Water Rod from Triforce Heroes (WIP)
- Fire Rod (A Link Between Worlds version)
- Ice Rod (A Link Between Worlds version)
- Boomerang (Ocarina of Time version)
- Hookshot (Both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask)
- Longshot from Ocarina of Time
- Fairy Slingshot from Ocarina of Time
- Fairy Bow from Ocarina of Time
- Hero Bombs based on the Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask/Wind Waker style
- Powder Kegs from Majora's Mask
- Fairy Quiver aka Silver Quilver from Ocarina of Time
- Roc's Cape from Minish Cap, Oracle of Seasons, Four Swords, and Four Swords Adventure
- Navi from Ocarina of Time
- Tatl from Majora's Mask (Coming Soon)
- Tael from Majora's Mask (Coming Soon)
- Healing Fairy (Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask/Twilight Princess version)
- Bunnyhood Mask (with the runboost effect) from Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask (Coming Soon)
- Deku Shield from Ocarina of Time
- Hylian Shield from Skyward Sword/Ocarina of Time/Twilight Princess/A Link Between Worlds
- Mirror Shield (Ocarina of Time version)
- Mirror Shield (Majora's Mask version)
- Mirror Shield (Wind Waker version)
- Fairy Ocarina from Ocarina of Time
- Ocarina of Time from Ocarina of Time
- Harp of Ages from Oracle of Ages
- Spirit Flute from Spirit Tracks (Coming Soon)
- Kokiri Emerald from Ocarina of Time
- Goron Ruby from Ocarina of Time
- Zora Sapphire from Ocarina of Time
- Fi Gem from Hyrule Warriors/Hyrule Warriors Legends
- Ghirahim Jewel from Hyrule Warriors/Hyrule Warriors Legends
- Gold Dust from Majora's Mask
- Gold Dust in a Bottle from Majora's Mask
- Hylian Core (is needed to craft the Hylian Station)
- Hylian Station (Interface was updated)
- Farore, Nayru, and Din flames as crafting materials
- Hylia Dye (Yellow Dye)
- Chateau Romani from Majora's Mask
- Elixir Soup from Wind Waker
- Hylian Station my own Skyward Sword headcanon
- Phantom Hourglass from Phantom Hourglass
- Mirror of Twilight from Twilight Princess
- Pots from Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask
*Use the "c" key to open the crafting interface and you can start getting the required materials to craft the Hylian Station*
Hylian Fragment - A crafting material needed to craft the Hylian Core
Hylian Core - A crafting material needed to craft the Hylian Station
Hylian Station - The custom crafting anvil needed to craft the weapons etc.
Light Medallion tab
Fairy Ocarina - An Instrument
Ocarina of Time - An Instrument
Harp of Ages - An Instrument
Spirit Flute - An Instrument
Forest Medallion tab
Bunny Hood - A piece of headgear that allows you to run faster
Mirror Shield (Ocarina of Time)
Mirror Shield (Majora's Mask)
Healing Fairy (WIP) - An Augment back item that give off light (can use EPP)
Navi Fairy - An Augment back item that give off light (can use EPP)
Tael Fairy - An Augment back item that give off light (can use EPP)
Tatl Fairy - An Augment back item that give off light (can use EPP)
Roc's Cape - It allows you to jump higher and do a slow glide (can use EPP)
Fairy Quiver - A vanity back item based off of the Silver Quiver (can use EPP)
Fire Medallion tab
Kokiri Sword (Ocarina of Time)
Kokiri Sword (Majora's Mask)
Great Fairy Sword
True Master Sword
Water Medallion tab
Elixir Soup - It gives you an energy and power boost (for a limited time)
Chateau Romani - It give you bonus health, bonus energy an run boost (for a limited time)
Spirit Medallion tab
Hero Bomb - A bomb that blows stuff up
Power Keg - A more powerful bomb
Fairy Slingshot - A ranged weapon that shoots deku seeds
Fairy Bow - A ranged weapon that shoots explosive fire arrows
Boomerang - A ranged weapon
Hookshot (Ocarina of Time) - A grappling hook
Hookshot (Majora's Mask) - A grappling hook
Longshot - A longer reach grappling hook
Fire Rod - A magical rod that shoots fire
Ice Rod - A magical rod that shoots ice
Water Rod (WIP) - A magical rod that rains ice down on foes
Dominion Rod (WIP) - Summons projectiles that fire more projectiles
Red Lamp - It shoots fire
Super Lamp - It shoots fire
Rope Whip - A whip with a snake head
Ball and Chain - A metal ball attached to a long chain
Gust Bellows - Ye olde vacuum cleaner that puts the swiffer to shame~
Shadow Medallion tab
Phantom Hourglass - It is used for making special materials
Mirror of Twilight - A teleporter
Farore Dye - Green dye
Nayru Dye - Blue Dye
Din Dye - Red Dye
Hylia Dye - Yellow Dye
Farore Fragment - A crafting material for the Farore Flame
Nayru Fragment - A crafting material for the Nayru Flame
Din Fragment - A crafting material for the Din Flame
Gold Dust - A crafting material for the Bottle of Gold Dust
Bottle of Gold Dust - A crafting material for the Gilded Sword
Ancient Sky Book - A crafting material for the Dominion Rod
Kokiri Emerald - A crafting material for the True Master Sword
Goron Ruby - A crafting material for the True Master Sword
Zora Sapphire - A crafting material for the True Master Sword
Fi Gem - A crafting material for the Hylia Sword
Ghirahim Jewel - A crafting material for both Demise Sword and Ganon Trident
Old Dominion Cube - A crafting material for the Old Dominion Rod
Fairy Wings - Winning Ticket
Quiver - Winning Ticket
Ocarina - Winning Ticket
Harp - Winning Ticket
Phantom Hourglass alters these items:
Farore Fragment Ore > Farore Flame
Nayru Fragment Ore > Nayru Flame
Din Fragment Ore > Din Flame
Old Dominion Cube > Old Dominion Rod
Two-handed Swords(Minus Great Fairy Sword) > One-handed versions
Planned Future Content
NEW = Content added to the latest version
WIP = Work In Progress,
Complete = Next update
Eventually = A future update
- Fairy Slingshot sprite and bug fixes (It finally works the intended way!)
- Ocarina of Time Boomerang fix
- Deku Seeds behavior change
- Navi, Tatl, Tael, Healing Fairy light back items can now protect you from radiation, heat, cold, and allow you to breathe air!
- Descriptions for weapons, items, etc.
- Bug Fixes & Sprite Updates
- Phantom Sword two-handed (Phantom Hourglass)
- Lokomo Sword (Spirit Tracks)
- Zelda II elevators
- Twilight Princess fishing rod & red coral earring hook
- Hylia/Sheik Harp from SS/OoT/HW
- Linkle's Crossbow
- Zelda's Rapier from Hyrule Warriors
- Minish Cap aka Elzo (As a vanity hat for now)
- Spinner from Twilight Princess/Hyrule Warriors
- More Weapons
- Improve Sprites and Animations
GIFs by @shadowd15 and her lovely character Radia
Navi (Ocarina of Time)
Master Sword (Skyward Sword version)
True Master Sword (Almost every Zelda game)
Ganon Trident (Four Swords Adventure version)
Dominion Rod (Twilight Princess/Hyrule Warriors/Hyrule Warriors Legends)
Gust Bellows (Skyward Sword)
Super Lamp (A Link Between Worlds)
Ice Rod (A Link Between Worlds version)
Fire Rod (A Link Between Worlds version)
Fairy Bow (Ocarina of Time)
Hylian Station Crafting Menu
It works like a campfire. Items can be "altered" here. Items that can be altered include Farore, Nayru, Din Fragments, and Old Dominion Cube.
Hylian Station Medallion icons/WIP:
So, I've changed the icons and it might be confusing until I add text tooltips (I tried to, but couldn't figure it out). Also I put the order of the Medallions how you see them in Ocarina of Time.
Light Medallion = Materials (Instruments are in here)
Forest Medallion = Armors (Shields are in here)
Fire Medallion = Weapons (Swords are in here)
Water Medallion = Consumables (Consumables are in here)
Spirit Medallion = Tools (Items and Tools are in here )
Shadow Medallion = Objects (Phantom Hourglass in in here)
Triforce = Other (Crafting mats like the Gold Dust are in here)
*Trivia* The Shadow Temple was originally going to be the final dungeon before Ganon's Tower. If you notice on the Quest Status Menu (N64 version) you will see the Spirit medallion and then Shadow Medallion in that order. If you look at the ceiling that connects the Sealed Temple and the Goddess Statue, you can see the six medallions from Ocarina of Time in Skyward Sword.
Races that say something about the Hylian Station! (WIP)
Human, Apex, Avian, Hylotl, Floran, Glitch, and Novakid
Viera, Avali, and Kineptic
Thanks to @shadowd15 a talented spriter for her sprite updates!
Thanks to @agentekul aka BatPanda on Steam workshop for writing my Roc's Cape glide code!
Thanks to TimeCraked for making the Demise & Sage Sword sprites for me!
Thanks to Djinn for inspiration on the Gust Bellows coding!
Thanks to @AmazonValkyrie for linking to my Talt Tael Cursor mod!
Thanks to Nintendo for making The Legend of Zelda series!
Thanks to Chucklefish for making Starbound and allowing us to mod Starbound!
*This applies to Steam questions now as well*
Q: So, your mod crashed my game because this or that. Can you fix it?
A: I will only help if you provide a Starbound.log (in a spoiler tab) and just so everyone knows 90% of the time it isn't my mod that causes the issues. It's almost always another mod. I am telling you that my mod uses the majority of the vanilla code. So, if something breaks it's usually because of the new vanilla (original Starbound) changes. I usually put out a hotfix asap, so I ask everyone to please be patient.
Q: Where are the tunics and other clothes?
A: I am not focusing on clothes and armors atm. If anyone would like to co-op on Zelda styled clothes and armors, then feel free to PM me (please don't spam).
Q: Will more content for the mod come out soon?
A1: Does anyone ever read my Planned Future Content on my front page?
A2: Yes, I am only one guy so be patient and please read my front mod page before asking questions.
Q. Will you accept donations at some point?
A. I am still on the fence about that. I mean it would be nice to get donations, but it obviously wouldn't be forced on people. And I am not sure if they are even allowed on here. Although I've seen some people make a Patreon so maybe I will do that.
Q: Will you make a Zelda race mod like the Hylians?
Q: Do you need help with anything?
A: If anyone knows Lua, then I suggest you send me a PM if you want to help out.
Q: How about doing some co-op work with another mod author?
A: It depends on how trustworthy you are. And if you are a pleasure to work with.
Q: Can I make Zelda sprites for you to use in your mod?
A: That depends... I usually like to do stuff on my own. If I do end up accepting any sprites at all I will give credit to the authors.
Q: Can I fix any mod issues and send you the fixed version?
A; If you find a bug that can be fixed then let me know about it in the discussion section. Ask me first before you link or post changes in my discussion section. I will try and post a hotfix asap afterwards if the bug/issue is fixed.
Q: Why isn't there any (insert here) in this mod yet?
A: I haven't thought of doing it yet. If you read my Planned Future Content, then you will see what I have in store for this mod.
Q: Will you do every Zelda weapon and item in the series?
A: That depends... I will certainly try to, but most items require Lua scripting to even resemble the canonical version of the ones in the original games. And some items just don't work well with Starbounds limitations... I will try and be faithful to the original source, but I am going to use that creative freedom card often.
Q: Will you add NPCs, Quests, and Dungeons?
A: Actually I want to do something like that down the road, but for now it is a pipe dream.
Q: What about blocks and vanity sets?
A: I would like to, but for now I am focusing on weapons, items, and materials.
Q: Will you add potions and other bottled items?
Q: How about the bottle as a weapon?
A: Why not? It would be hilarious to see someone using that against a boss!
Q: What about adding all the masks? Also doing the 5 transformation masks?
A: An interesting idea, but there are only 27 wearable masks when you add Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask masks together. If I was going to do the 5 transformations masks (Deku, Goron, Zora, Giant, and Fierce Deity) then it would probably require Lua scripting or something of the caliber. I may try to do them eventually, but it wouldn't be for a long time.
I am open to suggestions as long as it is in a friendly manner. If I don't agree with your ideas then don't be disheartened. I have my own vision for my mod. Don't post links with changes unless you ask me first. I will get upset otherwise.
Also I am looking for someone who knows how to do lua scripting and someone who knows how to sprite especially armors and weapons!
*How to find the starbound.log file*
Go to: Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/storage
- If something in my mod is crashing your game, then I recommend posting your starbound.log file (in a spoiler tab) otherwise I can't help you
- Post feedback and suggestions in the discussion section and not the review section if you have any. Please keep reviews short and simple. If you really want to tell me what I did right or wrong in detail (in your opinion) let me know in the discussion. Please don't vent your anger out on me or I will report you. Reviewing is alright unless it's something like "3 stars until you update to the latest version" or "Too much water 7.8/10"
- Constructive criticism is alright until it gets negative in an unhelpful way, then it's just flaming at that point and I won't tolerate that bs. I will report you if it gets to that point. All I ask it to treat everyone with respect and be kind or gtfo.
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Hylian Weapons of Legends (1.3.3 Version) 0.6.0
Craft weapons, items, armors, etc. from The Legend of Zelda series!