1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Holographic Ruler 0.97

No more counting blocks!

1. Pygmyowl
    Now you can wave goodbye to the misery of whichever method you've been using to measure distances! Assuming there was misery.
    ––––––––––––
    New item: Holographic Ruler (a.k.a. HoloRuler)

[​IMG]

Allows you to measure stuff by placing two markers (purely visual, can be placed anywhere). The horizontal and vertical dimensions of the resulting area will then be displayed (different output modes available).
    Note: dimensions are calculated in blocks rather than coordinate differences: for instance, placing both markers in the same spot results in a 1x1 area, not 0x0.

Quick info:
    – Type: tool
    – Price: base 200, buying 1000
    – One-handed

How to use:
    1) Obtain the HoloRuler from the Infinity Express in the outpost (1000 pixels) or via /spawnitem (which is less fun).
    2) Equip in a toolbar slot of your choice.
    3) Use "Shift+attack" to place the start marker and "attack" to place the end marker. Order doesn't really matter.
    4) The dimensions will be displayed either over the player's head, or between the markers, depending on the current setting.
    ...) Reposition the markers at your discretion.
    99) Finally, switch away from the ruler to clear the markers.
    ––––––––––––
    New item: HoloRuler Configurator

Allows you to configure your HoloRuler. Available settings: text and marker colours, text display modes.

Quick info:
    – Type: tool
    – Price: base 100, buying 500
    - One-handed

How to use:
    1) Obtain the configurator in much the same way as the HoloRuler. Except the price. This one's cheaper.
    2) Equip alongside the particular HoloRuler you'd like to modify.
    3) Use the "attack" action to open the confiGUI.
    4) Play around with things.
    5) When finished, press "Apply" to transfer the new settings to the equipped HoloRuler or "Cancel" (or Esc key) to, well, cancel the process.

=========

Multiplayer compatibility: should be the same as other "new item" mods.
    Mod conflicts: none reported so far.

Special thanks to:
    – Iridescens from these parts for finding a way to display simple text messages in-game and sharing his findings with the world.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
    Redacted Revenant likes this.

Recent Reviews

1. Orpheus of Ciphrus
    Orpheus of Ciphrus
    5/5,
    Version: 0.97
    Honestly, as an RPer who has to comply with building rules...this mod is amazing. I have to check how big my buildings are, ensure they aren't too small, nor too big, and this mod makes sure I don't burn precious hours sitting there and just counting hundreds of blocks.
  2. GoldenstarArtist
    GoldenstarArtist
    5/5,
    Amazing! A must have for anyone!
  3. Petalwatch
    Petalwatch
    5/5,
    I have been needing this for ages, thank you. I can obsessively place light fixtures the perfect distance apart so much easier now.
  4. ERA5002
    ERA5002
    5/5,
    This makes build things far more easier specially if you're one of those guys that wants everything symmetrical (me). Thanks for this mod :D