Now you can wave goodbye to the misery of whichever method you've been using to measure distances! Assuming there was misery.
New item: Holographic Ruler (a.k.a. HoloRuler)
Allows you to measure stuff by placing two markers (purely visual, can be placed anywhere). The horizontal and vertical dimensions of the resulting area will then be displayed (different output modes available).
Note: dimensions are calculated in blocks rather than coordinate differences: for instance, placing both markers in the same spot results in a 1x1 area, not 0x0.
– Type: tool
– Price: base 200, buying 1000
How to use:
1) Obtain the HoloRuler from the Infinity Express in the outpost (1000 pixels) or via /spawnitem (which is less fun).
2) Equip in a toolbar slot of your choice.
3) Use "Shift+attack" to place the start marker and "attack" to place the end marker. Order doesn't really matter.
4) The dimensions will be displayed either over the player's head, or between the markers, depending on the current setting.
...) Reposition the markers at your discretion.
99) Finally, switch away from the ruler to clear the markers.
New item: HoloRuler Configurator
Allows you to configure your HoloRuler. Available settings: text and marker colours, text display modes.
– Type: tool
– Price: base 100, buying 500
How to use:
1) Obtain the configurator in much the same way as the HoloRuler. Except the price. This one's cheaper.
2) Equip alongside the particular HoloRuler you'd like to modify.
3) Use the "attack" action to open the confiGUI.
4) Play around with things.
5) When finished, press "Apply" to transfer the new settings to the equipped HoloRuler or "Cancel" (or Esc key) to, well, cancel the process.
Multiplayer compatibility: should be the same as other "new item" mods.
Mod conflicts: none reported so far.
Special thanks to:
– Iridescens from these parts for finding a way to display simple text messages in-game and sharing his findings with the world.
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Holographic Ruler 0.97
No more counting blocks!