1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Higher Hunting 1.3.1

Higher tiers for the Hunting Knife, Bow and Crossbow

1. Tripod
    Due to the improvements made to hunting in the Upbeat Giraffe update, this mod seems to be of much less benefit. Hence, it will most likely remain outdated.

VIDEO SHOWCASE

A big thank you to Aquamanic4 for the video! Youtube channel.

INSTRUCTIONS
    Like any other mod: simply unzip and place the higherHunting folder into the "mods" folder.

I have also provided 'options' for those with different tastes. The default crafting strategy now requires the previous tier weapon in the recipe (titanium requires previous steel weapon, durasteel requires previous titanium weapon, etc.)

If you would like to revert to the original method (which only requires bars), simply replace the "recipe" folder inside of "higherHunting" with the "recipe" folder inside of "optional.zip".

The optional package also contains a hunting drop rate alteration and can be enabled by following the same above procedure, but using the "treasure" folder. This enables a 10% chance to drop a randomly generated weapon that is one level less or equal to the monster's level when hunting. This weapon is also more likely to be relatively poor. There's a 10% chance to receive 2 items as well.

NOTE
    • Hunting Knife, Bow and Crossbow recipes are unlocked at each respective tier and crafted at the Metalwork Station. If you have already passed a tier before installation, you will need to reuse the respective 'Upgrade Module'.

TODO
    • Enable dynamic bow colouring (tried using the "colourOptions" and "palette" parameters but didn't seem to work).
    • Investigate tier numbers. It seems 12 is the highest, but I have implemented impervium as 10.
    ScreenieKnives.png
    ScreenieCrossbows.png
    ScreenieBows.png

For some insight into how I decided on the power values for the Hunting Knife and Bow:
    upload_2014-1-20_20-58-42.png
    (Red text are edited values)

upload_2014-1-20_21-1-23.png

Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Updates

1. 1.3.1 Update
  2. Bow Variety Update
  3. Crossbow Update

Recent Reviews

1. NekoSoul
    NekoSoul
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.1
    Still like it, as you imagine ;3
  2. SKyStriker101
    SKyStriker101
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.1
    I am planning to use this mod I a modpack I'd like to call "UniverseBound". May I use your mod? You have an excellent mod though.
    1. Tripod
      Author's Response
      Yes, you are more than welcome to!
  3. TalanthasTheGimp
    TalanthasTheGimp
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3
    Awesome mod. The weapons seem a little OP (at least, the Tier 10 hunting knives are way higher dps than their Impervium Dagger or Shortsword counterparts from vanilla). That being said, this is a great comprehensive mod that makes hunting viable in top tier planets. I mix it with Narweh's Hunting+ mod http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/hunting.436/reviews for a fantastic experience all around.
    1. Tripod
      Author's Response
      I haven't tested the later tiers, but I did notice the imbalance in the mod video. I will make the knives have the same power level as the shortswords in the next release. It turns out my pretty graphs I made to follow the trend of the original hunting knife weren't good enough in the end...
  4. neiroka
    neiroka
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3
    +
  5. masterchiefSII7
    masterchiefSII7
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.2
    awsom
  6. skulledrebel
    skulledrebel
    4/5,
    Version: 1.1_[Furious]
    I really like the upgrades and continued tiers to the Hunting Knife & Bow, as they were two of my favorite weapons early on. Works with the Hunting+ mod so I can have a collection of Leather & Corpses in no time!

Feels a bit outdated thanks to the addition of crossbows to the game though. I'm not sure how far up into the tiers they go but they seem slightly more useful.
    1. Tripod
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the feedback. I actually hope the mod gets outdated soon, I'd love for Chucklefish to implement an official solution.

I didn't know about the crossbows, thanks for the info. I haven't done much testing, but I included them in the mod and made them craftable for each tier.
  7. teihoo
    teihoo
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    Very nice progression :O cool man! Just noticed there's still "Angry" instead of "Furious" in the modinfo ;)
    1. Tripod
      Author's Response
      Woah, thanks for the heads up. My local zip has Furious Koala, but I downloaded the uploaded resource and it was still Angry...
      Fixing now.

EDIT: It seems as though if the version number of the mod is not changed, the file stored on the server will not get overwritten.
  8. CommanderEwok
    CommanderEwok
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    Now THIS is what needs to be added to the game, hunting just loses point past the first sector. The hunting bow just isn't powerful enough.
  9. Sirplop
    Sirplop
    4/5,
    Version: 1.0
    A descent mod